Saturday 30 April 2011

Ipad 2 Cover - ipad 2 case, ipad2 case


Just in case anyone is wondering, this item isn't really a gel case (like a soft rubber or silicone) but rather a harder plastic case. The term "Flex-Gel" is really misleading. It's a bit stiffer than a TPU case and doesn't have the glossy softer plastic feel of TPU. It's more along the lines of a matte hard plastic (yet still flexible) that won't end up being a grease/fingerprint magnet (definitely a good thing).



While it's definitely different than what I was thinking it was going to be, it ended up being great because it has a really nice feel to it and is actually more of what I wanted. I bought this because it was one of the only iPad 2 cases available and figured I'd probably end up replacing it eventually with something different--won't have to now because this is really nice.



The only downside (and reason it didn't get 5 stars) is that it has a very sharp edge/seam running around the perimeter (at least mine did) so it wasn't very comfortable to hold--it felt sharp. But a minute or two with some very light grit sandpaper took that edge off and now it's smooth. Didn't mar it up at all either and is now exactly the way I want it. iLuv Flex-Gel Case for iPad 2nd Gen (iCC818BLK)

If you do not use a screen protector, this is probably a four out of five. However, if you do this may not be a good option. In my case the edges on the top would lift the edges of the screen protector, causing bubbling and general ugliness. This occurs during just basic holding of the device in hand. A deal breaker for me. This could easily be rectified by making the top edges just i little bit deeper I suspect. They also should package some sandpaper in the box... Sharp edges.

The gel cover is nice and snug on my Ipad 2. I really like it but I still wanted some protection for the front. The Smart cover from Apple does not play well with this case. Maybe I have to cut some holes or something to get it to work. Oh well. If you don't plan on getting a smart cover, this case is pretty nice.

Just got my iPad 2 on Friday and was looking for a semi-hard case to protect the back from scratches. I took a chance on this case after seeing it listed on PCMag.com as one of 25 best covers for the iPad 2. Amazon delivered quickly (as usual) and I have to say that this was exactly what I was looking for. Fits the new iPod 2 perfectly. Looks great. One thing I will note is that it does not work so well with the new apple smart cover but I figured that when I bought it. No scratches on the back for me!

This is an update to my earlier review. Love the case and the feel, its slim and perfect fit. It won't work good with the smart cover. I used an exacto knife and cut about 1/4inch from where the smart cover hinges would go from one end to the other end, and then put the smart cover on. So it functions the way it should and folds back if the case wasnt there. Very happy with the outcome and the look!

Pro's



Fits well, openings in the case in correct place



Con's



Feels like the plastic used in beach toys/sandbox toys



The case is relatively heavy, add heft to the ipad 2 (unlike the silicone skin cases)



The edges are sharp, they irritate your hand. Sanding them helps a bit, but still a pain.



The front facing edges of the case are almost exactly in line with the screen/housing

interface. This exactly where a screen protector's edges would be. This product lifted up the screen protector I got installed. You CANNOT use a screen protector with this device



I do NOT recommend this case.

The case is perfect! Slips on and off easily but won't fall off .. The white on white is sweet. The back is just clear enough to show the apple for tablet reconigtion and all button holes cut perfectly. Another plus for me on this is That the case has covers for the buttons ie volume is covered as well as lock button but is super easy to use! This case is great love the look the feel the fit highly recommend it!!

After 3 weeks, I gave this item another star! This case fits the iPad 2 snugly. I just wish it were "grippier".. my iPad feels like it may slip out of my hands if I wasn't carrying it so carefully and since it took me a while to find a retailer that had it in stock, I am being EXTRA careful with it. It's not really a gel case, but more like a harder plastic case that's flexible. There is an extra cut-out on the left side (I suspect they started designing this before the iPad 2's were released), but all the other openings are in their rightful places (speaker, headphone, volume controls, dock). There aren't many options for cases for the iPad 2 right now and whatever is out there is overpriced, so although I'm not 100% satisfied with this case, the price is decent and I received it within 2 days. I think I'm going to keep it.

This cover is generally a good design, fits well on the iPad2, and provides a stable surface for holding the iPad. However, this cover is not compatible with accessory plugs for the iPad. The connectors for the Camera Connection Kit, the Digital AV Adapter and possibly other accessories do not plug in properly to the dock-connector port. The cutout on the cover is not wide enough and prevent the accessory plugs from being inserted completely into the port. A call to the company's tech support indicated they were not aware of the problem and did not have a revision in place to correct the problem. They should have done a better job of testing the product before releasing it. The power charging connector works fine since it is smaller, so if you are never going to use iPad accessories, this cover is a good one. Otherwise you might want to wait for a revised version. - Ipad2 Case - Ipad 2 Case - Ipad 2 Cover - Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ipad 2 Cover - ipad 2 case, ipad2 case ipad 2 case Ipad 2 Cover - ipad 2 case, ipad2 case