Saturday 30 April 2011

Amplifier - amp, wiring kits


Make sure you actually need 0 gauge wire before ordering this. This is THICK wire and can be difficult to feed through trim panels and around corners for a clean installation. Comes with a 150A fuse that's pretty high quality. The plastic on the casing is thick and it was a straight forward install. I use this wire to bring power from the front of my SUV to the rear storage area where my amps are. From there, I use a distribution block to split the single 0-gauge connection to 3 4-gauge connections that go to the amps. Make sure you've got a heavy duty set of pliers or a hammer to crimp the connector ends on. Like everything else in this kit, they're thick and heavy duty. You'll have a real sore hand if you try to crimp those connectors with a regular set of pliers.



No problems with this kit. If you're looking for a good priced, heavy duty kit, this is the kit for you. Lanzar Contaq 5000 Watt 0 Gauge Power Amp Kit

First of all, this wire is THICK. It was hard to wire, but very well worth it! True 0 gauge wire, great price. I'd have to agree with Andrew, make sure your amp can handle wire this big. The contacts that connect the wire to the amp are large and most amps I've worked with won't fit them. You'll have to make your own, or shave down what it comes with.

When i first recieved this product i didn't think that it was true 0 gauge wire, but after measuring it, is is. The kit comes very complete, all the hardware you will need. i do not like the speaker wire included, it is the same gauge wire as the remote wire, around 18 gauge. The fuse included is huge, and appears to be water tight. I would recommend this product to anyone who is installing a high power system.

its not ture 0awg but the amp i have only needed 4awg anyway, the speaker wire is literally the same size as the remote wire, what i did was take a run of wire, strip the ends and twist the +/- ends together to make one wire, the fuse holder is nice and beefy with o-rings so it should be water resistant. The wire is not very flexible so i unrolled it and let it sit in the sun before installing it, seem to help a little. If you need a cheap 4 gauge wire kit this will do, i needed something cheap so i could have it shipped 2day and this fit the bill

This kit is well worth the money. It's no high end kicker set-up, but its BIG wire and is what it is. For the price, you can't beat it. I've been very happy with this set up. Only recommendation is to get some copper solder-on 0-gauge ring terminals from a hardware store. They'll ensure you get a good connection instead of the garbage crimp ones that come with it.

Very High quality equipment that works great for powering my new amp.

ProTip: Make sure you have an amp that can handle these thick wires. That was the only thing I had a problem with but that was my fault.

After doing lots of research, I purchased my whole car audio setup thru amazon. The guys at best buy did all the install work for me. They called me to inform me that the power wire wasn't true awg 0 gauge. They informed me that the speaker wire wasn't thick enough either. So I just threw away 40 bucks. - Automotive - Amp - Amplifier - Wiring Kits'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information