Wednesday 9 March 2011

Iphone Portable Speakers - ihome, mp3 player


I've spent a lot of time and some money looking for a suitable speaker set for my Ipod Touch. I like to view movies while laying in bed and this is perfect. No power cords to get in the way, sound is good for my purposes. There is a little ledge to rest the Ipod on, and it allows me to view in landscape mode. All the docking speakers force me to remove the case and most of them force portrait mode position. This is perfect as I don't want to struggle with the case or viewing position. It's a great value for my uses.



Pros:

Landscape mode viewing

Sound is good

Don't have to remove case from ipod

Inexpensive

No power cord so very portable



Cons:

Doesn't charge Ipod

Battery powered (4 AAs) iHome iHM9 Portable Stereo System for iPod, iPhone, and MP3 Players (Black)

I purchased this tonight and cannot believe the sound clarity that this lil' thing has. I am very pleased with the sound however cannot give this a 5-star rating because the cord has a strange setup. Instead of being hidden the cord must wrap around the side to plug into the ipod. I have a 3rd gen nano (lil' square one) and the jack is on the bottom making it sit off-center. Also props the ipod a little off the back plate. If this didn't sound as good as it does I would take it back. For this price its definitely a keeper!

Wow...this thing is great. Yes, it runs on batteries. And no, it doesn't charge your ipod. But it costs $18 and it's portable! All you need is 4 AA batteries and you can take your music anywhere! It's great if you are having a BBQ, hanging out on the boat, or just want to move it from room to room to enjoy your ipod! I loved it so much, I ordered a second one just to have for when I do stuff outside. It's little, it's loud, it's a great setup. Totally worth the money!

I wanted a small, battery-powered speaker system to be able to listen to my Sandisk Sansa View while at work. The only issue is a work in a distribution center with very loud, continuous noise; conveyor belts, machine horns, loud bangs of large plastic totes being thrown about, etc. With the environment, I also wanted something that, should it get broken, I wouldn't be out $50 or so, which seems to be the average price for speaker systems for devices other than iPod.



This works by plugging into your device's headphone jack. There is a notch in the center where you're supposed to stand it up like it is pictured above, only they didn't account for the cord, so it makes your player sit somewhat off-kilter, unless you just lay it on its side (which I've taken to doing). This could have been fixed with a groove that ran along the back of the tray, but that's really the only major complaint I have.



This thing is -loud-. It only works by your player's volume, but it's got a lot of power to it for being battery-powered. At max volume, I can hear it even above all the noise I specified above (though, I'll admit, listening to anything purely instrumental or quiet/soothing is impossible in that environment), though for the normal user, half-volume or lower would probably be easily sufficient.



As for how fast it goes through batteries, I've had to change mine after approximately 24-26 hours of play at the maximum volume. Once the batteries start to go, the sound gets incredibly crackly at the high volumes and gets worse fairly quickly. Though I have noticed that the crackle goes away (at least temporarily) when the volume is turned down, which leads me to believe the batteries have the potential to last even longer when not played on full-blast continuously.



All in all, very pleased with my purchase. If you want a cheap, small, battery-powered speaker that works with any audio device, this is it.

I bought this yesterday after looking long and hard at this and a few other portable speakers for my iPod Nano 3rd gen. I wasn't entirely sure it could produce the kind of sound I needed, and was almost certain I would end up taking it back.



Boy, was I wrong!



The moment I plugged my iPod into this speaker I was amazingly surprised at the wonderful sound quality this little unit produced, and the kind of volume it could crank out. I can even play my collection of Trance music and be able to hear the bass clearly!



Another reviewer commented on the strange cord setup which was a bit inconvenient for the iPod Nano - yes, it is a little odd, but personally I don't mind one bit. This speaker was every bit worth the money I paid for it!

I shopped around for iPod speakers for a long time. After doing a ton of research I settled on these. Some of the reviewers said they experienced some sound quality issues and I did too until I changed the EQ settings on the iPod itself. The sound gets so loud! I am in love with this product! It is the perfect size to keep in smaller places like the kitchen and bathroom! I love being able to sing in the shower now!The only issue I have is when I move the product from room to room I have to keep a sturdy hold on the iPod itself or it falls off, but that is only a minor distraction. I love love this unit! - Mp3 Player - Ipod Speakers - Speakers - Ihome'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information