Wednesday 9 March 2011

Gps Case - leather case, case


Good decent case found for my 4.3" nüvi 765t

My Requirements:

1. I needed a case that was tight enough to fit only the GPS so the whole thing would fit in my purse or in the glove box.

- I found most were either too big (as the case with the Case Logic GPSP-2 or the slicker looking GPSP-4) or huge like the ones that could carry multiple GPSs and all their accessories. I only want to cover and protect the GPS not everything and the kitchen sink!

2. Looked well.

- Frankly the other huge cases were ugly and the standard 4.3" Garmin case 010-10823-01 was cheap looking and by design the GPS could slide right out of it to the floor. Navigon makes some nice cases but I this is not a Navigon GPS and I know it works but still if I can find something Garmin or generic all the better. They have a nice designed 010-10987-00 that it book style, but I did not like this particular style. This one has a nice black pleather look with gray felt interior, nice stitched design, and silver button that the rubber cord hooks to.

3. Protects well.

- Many cases like the Incase CL58006 looked nice and fit well but is completely neoprene and has no tough sides to prevent something from jabbing your GPS (not to mention neoprene is hard to keep clean from lint, etc). Other cases like hard drive cases that matched the size of the GPS also seemed too hard or too soft to store the unit without damage. This guy is stiff and lined with a nice gray felt-like material, I feel the item won't shatter on impact.



Cons:

- The case like I said fits well and protects decently as there is some clearance from the edge of the case to the GPS, but of course being as tight as it is, it's just enough on my 4.3"

- I am concerned about the stretchy rubber cord lasting a very long time, it's tough but nothing beats a button.

- When pulling out the GPS the only way you can hold on to the unit turns the unit on.



Final words:

The case I considered innovative in a way. The case is either a 3.5" or 4.3", I never could figure out how they could see that. All the pictures I saw were of the what looked like two different products. It's actually a case that covers the unit and if you have a 4.3" the flap does not fit as far down and there is a stretchy rubber cord that extends down to the silver Garmin button. Innovative because it's useful and it expands as you grow from a 3.5" to a 4.3". Garmin 3.5-Inch/4.3-Inch Universal Carrying Case

Fits my Garmin 1390T perfectly. Very compact, hard enough to protect GPS screen from external damage. Don't have a smaller screen GPS to try, but the case is designed to fit a normal and wide screen GPS.

This case is well constructed,looks good and fits my NUVI 1350T just fine. It is designed to fit both narrow screen and wide screen NUVI's by useing a flap which folds over the NUVI. The flap has an elastic band which hooks over a metal button to lock the flap down. You have to stretch the band a little longer when you have a wide screen NUVI. The band seems fairly strong and durable but I suspect over time that it will wear out. Since I use my GPS infrequently, I'm not concerned about it but if you expect to be putting your GPS in and out of the case a couple tims a day, it is something to consider.

This case does not fit very well for the 4.3 screen. It stretches the elastic and looks like it would break very easily. It also doesn't protect the larger screen. I think it would be perfect for the smaller GSP

I ordered this product for a Garmin 1350. But it is

about half the length of the device itself. It is well

constructed, though without a belt loop or shoulder

strap. The case should be coordinated with the product

it is advertised as holding. I want to add, though, that

Amazon handled the return in a completely simple

and efficient manner.

I have the Garmin 1690 with the 4.3" screen. While it does fit you have to really stretch the elastic loop. It will wear out sooner than later.



It is a nice case so I'm going to give it to my daughter and get something else for my 1690.



I would not recommend it for larger screen GPS units.

I bought this for my Nuvi 205 - which I keep mostly in the glove box- I just wanted a case to protect it from banging around in there. The case is nice quality, you can close it securely and best of all it fits the nuvi 205 perfect. I purchased this at BestBuy for 19.99 - Garmin Case - Nuvi Case - Leather Case - Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


leather case Gps Case - leather case, case