Wednesday 9 March 2011

Beauty And Grooming - hair straightener, remington


I have very dry, thick, curly hair and a lot of volume too. Every few months I have to relax my curl in order to keep it under control. I also live in the tropics where heat and a lot of humidity don't exactly help my hair remain frizz free. I was very skeptical when I first bought this product because I had tried many hair straighteners and all had given me poor results. Thank goodness that I was finally proven wrong! This product definitely does what it says it will do and is very affordable in comparison to other products on the market. I flatten my hair after I blow dry it and I have finally been able to tame my wild hair into soft, smooth, silky, straight hair. I have been getting plently of compliments but most importantly, I feel happy with my hair! I have recommended this product to friends and family and they have also acheived wonderful results. I recommend that you buy a deep conditioning treatment (Redken Heavy Cream) and leave it in your for 15 minutes with a self warming cap, rinse out and apply a heat protectant on your hair (Redken Heat Glide) before the process. Your hair will be fabulous!Remington Wet 2 Straight 2" Wide Plate Wet/Dry Ceramic Hair Straightening Iron with Tourmaline

I know this review may not be very helpful to most of you but I am just going to name some problems with this straigtening iron to warn you.I have wavy hair too so some of these problems may not affect you.



-It doesn't straighten wet hair.(It actually does, but my hair is still partially wet and it becomes wavy after it dries)



-It is only COATED in ceramic, after a while of use, it eventually chips off, leaving your hair exposed to even more damage than it has already done.(I'd suggest getting a ceramic plated straightener)



-The straight hair doesn't last. After a day at school, it starts getting wavy, especially if it is humid outside.



-It does damage to your hair. Its not as bad as those $10.00 ones but you still end up with a bunch of split ends and frizzy, damaged hair



There are also good things to it too, and it seems awesome when you first get it but eventually after a short while it wears down. I'd suggest getting a little bit more expensive hair straightener that will live up to the price.

I read the reviews and was quite skeptical since I've tried almost everything to straighten my coarse, thick, curly hair. I get my hair chemically relaxed about every 9 months. But the results keep my hair still curly, just not as bad. I've used ionic hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons, etc. It usually is an hour and a half process and me sweating half of my body weight in the bathroom! But this product eliminated the hair dryer...no sweating! It straightened quite nice! I used a comb in conjunction. That's the only thing I wish it had built in. My hair section was completely dry in the one passage. The entire process only took me about a half hour! Just make sure you condition well and use a good hairspray to ensure lasting results. I used my curling iron to secure and smoothe my ends. I'm impresssed.

I have long, moderately thick, wavy hair with a total mind of its own -- lots of product and/or putting it up seemed to be the only solution to gaining a neat, all-day style. (I'm not ready or willing to take the step of chemically straightening.) I had completely despaired of ever being able to successfully straighten my hair myself, no matter how much I quiz my stylist -- I've tried all kinds of gadgets and products that promise how easy it will be, and invariably end up with a big frizzy bush on my head that I have to pin up anyway.



Well, I bought the wet2straight last weekend, and all I can say is THIS THING WORKS. It IS easy, and it works QUICKLY too. I haven't tried it yet on freshly towel-dried hair, but may do so on a weekend when I have more time. I typically let my hair air dry for about 45 minutes to an hour, while I go about the rest of getting ready for my day, and I use a straightening product (Fructis smoothing milk). In about 15-20 minutes I have glossy, dry, STRAIGHT hair. It is AMAZING and I am so happy!



Note: there are two sizes, wide and slim. The packaging made no distinction about the difference, but a helpful sales clerk said that the wide plates work better on long hair, and the slim plates are better for short hair.

I can't believe all of the bad reviews! This straightener is awesome! I have really thin and sensitive, wavy hair, and all of the other straighteners I've used just made my hair REALLY frizzy, or even burn it! The worst part was, they didn't even straighten my hair one bit!!! This straightener is the only one that worked really well so far. I've been using it every day for a while now. My hair stays straight ALL day. It even added more shine, smoothness, softness,and even VOLUME to my hair! no other straightener has ever done that. I'm sure that there's better straighteners out there but this one works great and is at an affordable price. I would DEFINITLY recommend this straightener for ALL hair types. Personally, I prefer to use it when my hair's wet. I've learned thatit stays straight longer that way. As long as you straighten your hair in very thin layers from underneath, and work your way to the outside, it works great!! At the beginning, it took me about an hour to straighten my hair. After some practice, I got down to only 40 minutes. Now, it only takes me 20-30 minutes to straighten my hair. And I mean REALLY STRAIGHTEN it. I hope you found my review helpful! - Remington - Hair Care - Flat Iron - Hair Straightener'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information