Tuesday 1 February 2011

Waterproof Boots


I've been looking for a good pair of waterproof, warm, and sexy winter boots for 3 years now. I've never bought shoes online before and went on a limb with these because they looked so comfortable, and I'm glad I did! They're comfortable, well-made, and will definitely make it through a few winters. I am usually between an 8.5 and a 9 and have narrow feet. I bought a 9 and they fit perfectly with a little extra room for bigger socks or inserts if I wanted to add them. I definitely recommend them to everyone! Timberland Women's 21633 Earthkeepers Grandby Tall Fleece Lined Boot,Black,5.5 M US

this boot has it all....cozy fleece ALL over, totally waterproof, and nice rubber traction for snow. very comfortable and good looking. i have super big calves and can't usually wear high boots, but these are easily adjustable. definitely not to be worn under pants, as they are thick and lumpy looking. i do suggest going up a half size due to all the fleece, and also i never considered myself a wide foot, but i did have to return the B(m) for a c/d width. should last forever, and are stylish to boot.

This boot is very warm and cozy. Comfortable soles. With the fleece inside it, I might go up a half a size from what you would normally wear. Also, the taupe color is more of a true taupe then the color my computer screen interpreted it to be, not as tan as I thought. I wouldn't recommend wearing them without socks, there is a bit of zipper lining that rubs on my ankles.

I read several of the other reviews carefully and selected a 1/2 size up from my normal size since these run small. And because I have a somewhat wider calf and slightly wider feet (although I normally wear a medium shoe) I selected the wide. These boots are a perfect fit. With socks and jeans, loosen up the laces a bit, unzip, step into the boot with your pants or jeans tucked, rezip, readjust laces. Voila! Want to wear them without jeans? Simply tighten the laces. Not only do the boots look terrific, they feel terrific. The arch gives great support, and the fit is so nice I've been wearing them for the past 2 hours. If you're looking for warm, comfortable, stylish boots at a reasonable price, these are for you.

I LOVE this boot! For years I've been wearing Uggs and the last couple of winters have not been too kind to my boots. I decided on trying these because they are cute and waterproof. I read many reviews on many websites and ordered a wide and medium because many said it ran narrow. My feet are between a medium and wide width and I tried both. At first, I felt the medium was fine. But when I walked around the sole is rounded and I felt like I was rolling to the side. And when I tried to pull them off I was literally on my back tugging because I have tightened the laces and the space that was left couldn't free my wider than normal foot. I was laughing and tugging for quite a bit. The wide width worked better for me. The sole was more stable and even after I tightened the laces I could get my fat foot out. The nice thing about them is that I have small ankles and calves and I was able to tighten the laces so the boots looked nice and snug with my jeggings on. The height was perfect for me even though I'm a whopping 5' 2". They are a great buy!

I have two Timberland's boots size 5.5 M US that fits perfectly on me, but the Timberland Earthakeepers Grandby tall Fleece Lined Boot with the same size got small for me, I should had bought half size bigger.

These boots are immediately comfortable. They arrived in the middle of a cold snap so I put them on and went out into the windy, icy world. At the end of the day, my feet were fine: no rawness, no soreness. They never got cold. The laces are sturdy and give a decent amount of control over the tightness of the boots (I prefer tight).



I normally wear size 9s (rarely 8.5s) and I fit perfectly into a 9 with a normal-thickness cashmere sock. For what it's worth, I consider my feet to be slightly wider than normal. Whether I'm right or wrong, the material is very supple and I suspect it will easily adjust to the necessary toe box size.



They treds don't give a lot of traction, but the sole's material is flexible enough to give you a sense of control over your stride. No clunkiness, no heaviness...just you and your cozy cozy feet.

Ordering was nice and easy, shipping was prompt, with no issues. I am more than satisfied with this product. The material is of great quality, the fit is nice, the utility of the boot being waterproof and warm, with great sole traction, makes it for the ideal women's sexy winter boot. I live in Alaska, where the terrain is rugged, and the winters can be harsh, but these boots definitely keep my feet warm and dry, while adding a sexy flare to my winter look! Highly recommend the boots!

I wanted a warm pair of boots that I knew it would fit me (having the lace-up is usually a good choice) and that was waterproof. I got it half a number up, from what I had read on reviews, and it fits perfectly. Enough space for when I want to use a thicker pair of socks. It's warm, and for the bit of rain I've been through since I got them, they work fine!! Not slippery and very comfortable! And they're beautiful!! Definitely the best choice I made on winter boots.

The delivery was even sooner than expected.

This review is based on the size 7 Wide boot. I live in Chicago & was looking for a good, waterproof winter boot. I had ordered these off the timberland official website in a size 7 B (a half size up from my true size) & when they arrived, my foot barely fit them. I was so disappointed because I loved the way they looked. You can tell they are made very well. Unfortunately, no amount of "break in time" was helping & I had to send them back. Then I found these in a wider size on Amazon. I took a risk & purchased them. I could feel the difference as soon as my foot slide in. These boots are AMAZING. The fur lining keeps my toes warm & the waterproofing keeps them dry. They go up to my knee & can easily be worn with any jeans as the lacing is very adjustable. I recommend spraying them w suede protector to keep the dirt & salt off & to really seal in the waterproofing. So far, I've worn these for a month now & not only are they stylish, they are very comfortable to walk in.

You will NOT be disappointed.



A side note: I don't really have a "wide" foot, but it seems that Timberland's run very narrow. The wide doesn't seem that much wider than their regular sizes, but it did provide more toe room & the ability to wear thicker socks for when its very cold.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Waterproof Boots Waterproof Boots Waterproof Boots