Tuesday 1 February 2011

Audio Equipment - audio equipment, condenser microphones


A good mike for the money. Of course, it's has more noise than my other condenser mike, SONY ECM-957PRO which I use with my Hi-MD recorder, but the price for that is quite different, too. If you are considering to buy a mike for your video camera for consumer applications, this is more than a reasonable solution.



TIPS: Be careful when shooting a video with the mike mounted on the camera. You might be getting sounds from touching it with your fingertips when zooming. So better use you remote control to ensure you don't touch the mike.



BOTTOM LINE: I would totally recommend this mike. It never hurts to try - for such a little money anyway. Audio-Technica ATR-6250 Stereo Condenser Vocal/Recording Microphone

Sweet little microphone. Picks up well -- both close and at a distance of 3 or 4 feet. It's a little bit sensitive to handling noise if you try to use it hand-held. Don't like the cables -- you have to screw them into the body of the mic (which means you have to buy replacements from Audio Technica) and the long cable splits into two mono plugs instead of one stereo. But I do like the dual clips -- one for photo tripods and another for standard mic stands. Overall, I think it's well worth the price.

I find this microphone to be an excellent purchase decision. Granted, this microphone's performance is nowhere near the quality that I am used to from professional microphones, but on it's own merit, it is outstanding.



I purchased this microphone to use with a new HD camcorder that I recently purchased. I wanted something better than the built in microphones, but not something so expensive that I would be worried about it more than the camcorder. This microphone delivers everything I expected. It gives good sound quality without costing very much. I was actually quite surprised at how much better this microphone sounds than the on camera microphones. Voices sound more present, and the frequency response is a lot better. The dynamic range also is greatly improved.



Now, I do have a couple of complaints.

1. The self noise is pretty high. It's not any worse than the self noise of the camera's built in microphones, but it's still pretty noticable. However, it's not so bad that a good noise reduction plug-in inside your NLE program can't fix it.

2. The right channel is about 3-4 db lower than the left channel. Again, nothing that can't be fixed in pretty much any NLE, but kind of annoying to have to do that.



For fun, I also compared it to my Sennheiser ME66/K6 which makes this microphone sound like a child's toy, but again, compared to the on camera mics, this one is a vast improvement. For the price, I highly recommend it.

This is a really good Mike. Especally at this price. It sounds really godod. I liked the stereo immage it has. It's a really good one for an inexpensive and simplle mike. Sure, there are better ones, but for a budget mike this really good. The only down side is that since it is a low power mike, well, at least with the olympus DM-420 I found that you get quite a bit of flor noise when you've set the Microphone level to high. It maybe something to do with the recorder though. But something similar will result when you use it with a PC. Like I said before, there are better mikes, but for the price, this is an exelent choice and it is a good quality choice too. I really like it. I've been really happy with. I'ded say it really was a really great gift idea for I baught it as a gift for a friend. - Audio Equipment - Condenser Microphones - Microphone - Mics'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Audio Equipment - audio equipment, condenser microphones microphone Audio Equipment - audio equipment, condenser microphones