Tuesday 1 February 2011

Micro Usb


Purchased this to connect a USB keyboard and mouse to my Xoom. The adapter arrived with the USB A side metal bent inward, so any USB plug is a very tight fit. This could easily be corrected with a pair of pliers, but I prefer the connection tight instead of too loose.



If you're buying this for use with a Xoom, be aware that you do need the Android 3.1 update in order to use USB keyboards and mice. USB Micro B (M) to USB A (F) Adapter - Converts USB Micro B Devices to Full Size USB A!

I read the customer review which stated that the adapter was used with a Nokia N810 to read flash drives. This implies that it is a host adapter, so since I did not see others listed as OTG host adapters I took a chance on it. When I got it and tried it on my Archos A70 it was not able to read flash drives. I decided to disassemble the adapter and when I did, I could tell that pin 4 of the micro USB connector was not connected to ground so it is not a host adapter. I will rewire it and test it out but I am sure it will work.



Please note that the vendor never stated that it was a OTG Host Adapter. So to be fair it works perfectly as advertised. I suspect that the previous reviewer simply got an adapter which was manufactured by a different vendor and was an OTG Host Adapter.

I bought this to use with my Nokia N810. It allows me to read flash drives from the Micro USB port on the Nokia with available software. I don't have a USB to ethernet adaptor so I have not tried that.

I don't understand how others claim this worked with their Motorola Xoom.



I tried to connect my Canon 5D Mark I, compact flash card reader, and Xbox 360 remote via USB charging cable.. None were recognized.



I do not think this is an OTG adapter - and it is not advertised as such.



Works as advertised by the seller, but I'd be wary of the Xoom reviews.

I purchased this product hoping to power laptop speakers from a cell phone. The adapter fit well, but I was unable to power the speakers with the phone power through the adapter. The seller I purchased from did not offer any feedback contact information to troubleshoot or determine if this was even a possible application. The product may work great for other applications, but it did not let me power usb speakers.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Micro Usb Micro Usb Micro Usb