Tuesday 1 February 2011

Gps System Accessories - case, gps carrying case


Ordered this case Tuesday evening received it on Thursday ( 1 1/2 days delivery having used regular shipping). While the case does hold the tomtom XXL540M and the cars cigarette lighter cable well, the case could have been made a little deeper. Putting anything in the "netted" section of the case makes a tight fit against the gps's screen, but the width of the case does allow for the cable to sit next to the unit if you remove the velcroed section. The case is not what I'd call a "hard" case, definitely not plastic, but it is sufficient if your planning to leave the unit under the passenger seat, I think that the case will support any banging aroung on the floor, short of being stepped on. The case is NOT made of a very strong plastic but what feels like a "sturdy" woven material. GPSHDCS7: Extra Large Hard Shell Case For Garmin, TomTom, Magellan GPS with 5" ~ 7" Screen

Received item a day before expected delivery date. I think this case is worth the price I paid for it. My Garmin 1450LMT 5-inch GPS fits well. The adjustable velcro divider holds GPS securely. Can also fit car charger cord in mesh holder. A divider protects GPS from mesh holder thus protecting screen from being scratched by anything stored in mesh holder. This case definitely serves its purpose, keeping your Garmin GPS from bumps, nicks, and scratches when not in use.

I received this case in time for a trip I took from Chicago to Maine for work. I wanted it to hold my new TomTom XXl550 SE (purchased that from Sams Club, but same as other XXL550 models in terms of size). This has the 5 inch screen and I wanted to make sure it was protected and easy to carry.



This case has a divider in it which helps protect the face of the unit. I was able to fit my TomTom unit and the power cord for the car in this holder. It was not a perfect fit, but I put the cord in the upper section with a netting: and then put the cigarette portion of the plug down in the lower half with the TomTom unit itself. This actually allowed for a snugger fit for the TomTom to not slide around. There is a foam pad in the lower section to help "left to right" sliding, but "front to back" sliding was still possible. The power cord being down there fit perfectly for me and my unit and basically wedged it in to the case, but not in any way to harm the unit or the cord, just a nice easy snug fit.



I had no problems while traveling with the unit and took it as a carry on through the airports, those included O'Hare and Boston Logan, with no issues. I wish it was slightly bigger so I could fit a few more things in maybe, but overall it does what I bought it for, to keep my Nav unit and power cord together, safe and protected for travel.

This case is BIG but of course I'm happy with it, I got it for my Garmin 1450 wich is 5 inches and fits properly and still have space left for the car charger about the winshield holder probably it would fit if you take it apart (I dont do this) but somebody else migth want to know this. I recommend this case is made of good hard material and the little pillow moves around to your convinence meaning that you place it wherever you want.

My TomTom 540XXL definitely fits. Once I add the car charger, it is a little tight. Could decrease the width and increase the depth. Had to remove the bumper spacer and put the portion of the charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter next to the GPS. Otherwise, it was tough to zip and I was concerned the pressure would damage the GPS.

I purchased this case to hold the TomTom Go 2505TM. After reading several of the other reviews I felt this one would be the best for the price. It holds the TomTom, usb cord and car charger nicely. I like the fact that the case has a hard shell. After taking the TomTom for a test run today I found one flaw with this case--no handle. A carrying handle would have made it a much better case. Other than that I see no problem with what it was designed for and that was to store the TomTom safely.

This case works very well for the Garmin 1490 GPS. Storing the unit in the case when the car is parked gives security with little hassle and the case is big enough to easily but securely keep the gps and good for transporting to another car. The case is hard but still flexible on the sides so it doesn't resist heavier objects on it, not a big objection. Moveable partitions allow you to custom fit your unit. - Garmin Nuvi Case - Tomtom Accessories - Gps Carrying Case - Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information