Tuesday 1 February 2011

Kingston - ddr2, memory


Kingston makes some great RAM, and this is another example of that fact. I've used this particular RAM in two different computers: a Dell Mini 9 and a Mac Book. It works well in both applications. If you're looking for high quality RAM that doesn't break the bank, this is the way to go. Also, Kingston has a great warranty and replacement program, so in the off chance that you do have an issue, you know you are covered. This is a great price for some great RAM.



You can't go wrong here, especially with free shipping. Kingston ValueRAM 2GB 667MHz PC2-5300 DDR2 Notebook Memory (KVR667D2SO/2GR)

I have have had absolutely no issues with it's performance, no freezing, lagging, etc. I upgraded from 512mb in my Asus EeePC to this 2g module and noticed an instant performance increase. Application load faster, windows open quicker...network loads faster, etc. Most of all though, it has completely reduced any dropped frames or pixels when watching DivX movies either of the harddrive, memory card, or streaming video. (for EeePC owners, you will have to modify the kernel for it to recognize more then one gig)



Basicly two thumbs up!

I recently purchased Aperture to use on my Macbook, which previously had 1 GB of RAM. Aperture was super slow, so I bought this to upgrade. It installs a little hard and I was never really sure if I had it pushed in all the way, but when I screwed the cover back on and replaced the battery my Mac booted up fine and recognized the RAM right away. Aperture runs much faster and doesn't get "hung up" anymore. I have always purchased Kingston RAM upgrades for my PC's in the past, and I had never upgraded the RAM in a Mac before so I was a bit nervous. It really was much easier than I thought and much cheaper than buying a new laptop or having someone else install it for me. I have never had an issue with a Kingston product-EVER. Great products, great price, what more could you ask for? Wish this came in Amazon's new Frustration Free Packaging, because as usual it was really annoying to open.

I installed the memory 2GB*2 on my T61 Laptop, (800MHz bus frequency) it works fine, but it doesn't work as well as I expected, in running a benchmark in MATLAB 2008b, it's even slower than my original Hyundai memory 1GB*2. Maybe the CAS latency is too high, or it's incompatible with the 800MHz mainboard.



To get access to 4GHz in 32bit machine, make sure you turn on PAE (physical address extension), or only 3GB will be used.



Alternatively, if you're using Debian/Ubuntu Linux, you can simply just use the server version (for ubuntu), or bigmem (for Debian).

I purchased two 1GB SDRAMS to upgrade my 1.83ghz MacBook from 512m to 2 GB. Kingston is name brand and installation was a snap. Removed the old chips, plugged in the Kingston chips and closed up the MacBook. The MacBook came up right away and recognized the new chips. No problems and less instances of the beachball while waiting for something to load.

Worked fine right out of the box on my Dell Latitude D630. For a better performance I would consider using a pair of the same memory (2x2gb or 2x1gb) for dual channel instead of upgrading memory from 1gb to 2.5 gb. (existing 512mb and Kingston 2gb).

It was really easy to install and it's a major improvement for my eee 901! I really pleased with this product. The shipment was for free by buy.now and it was ok. It only took about a week to get me. It is fully complatible with my eee, no problems with incompatibility. I recomend this product - Laptop - Ddr2 - Kingston - Memory'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information