Tuesday 1 February 2011

Hdtv Antenna - tv antenna, hd antenna


I have been searshing for a good Antenna to ditch Cable, after reading all the reviews for the Winegard FreeVision FV-30BB HD Antenna, I was very please with the picture quality and the amount of channels that I recieved from my location. (1) The shipment from Amazon was fast, (2) The Antenna setup was very easy, (3) The Antenna is small and light. I have to say that I live in a apartment building on the 15th Floor with a plane sight to the Manhattan tower from my bedroom window. When I first setup the Antenna it was next to the TV and it picked up 46 channels, next I set it by the window did a rescan and it picked up 54 channels all nice and clear.Winegard FreeVision FV-30BB HDTV Antenna. I recommend this Antenna to anyone 100%. Winegard FreeVision FV-30BB HDTV Antenna

I have tried (and returned) 3 'amplified' antennas (including the Winegard SS-3000) before trying this one. None of the previous antennas could catch as many channels as this plain and passive FreeVision antenna, when placed indoors. I just hung it on the wall behind my TV and it catches crystal clear HD signals for ABC, CBS, FOX, PBS etc. Every one of these stations is more than 30 miles from my place, as per AntennaWeb. So I'm quite surprised at the reception. I am still not seeing NBC, but I'm very satisfied with what I am getting for [...].



Just one thing to note is that the extra 3 bucks on this sturdy packaged version isn't really worth it. So I'd recommend saving by buying the FV-HD30 version, if you like.



Bottom line: This antenna is totally worth it and a keeper. Crystal clear (uncompressed) HD virtually free. Truly 'Free'Vision.

I can't believe it took me this long to do get free TV. I was going to install this in the attic or outside but it worked so good I was able to install in the basement (much easier installation for me) and got the same channels and clarity. Everything works great but do I live within 10 miles of most of the antenna towers. I highly recommend this product. Now I just need a over the air DVR to come down in price and I'll get one of those next. No more cable bills!

Very easy to install and excellent reception. Placed it in the attic and was able to pick up all of San Diego and a couple of Los Angeles channels. Just as the title of my review says, Made in the USA. I just hope that manufacturers realize that most American workers would now pay more for products made in the USA to keep jobs in the USA.



To Amazon management; it would help American consumers buy products made by American workers if Amazon would prominently display Made in the USA on products manufactured domestically. The US Congress, The White House, US corporations and the US Chamber of Commerce will not protect American workers from cheap Chinese and Third World country workers so it is time that we consumers protect our jobs from being outsourced by sending them a message, buy USA made products.

This is the fifth indoor antenna we have tried, and we finally found one that works! We live in a brick townhouse in a city with large hills and tall trees. After the switch to digital TV, the best of our previous antennas would only pick up about 5 stations, only one of which was of interest to us. But this one picked up 23 stations when we mounted it next to a large window upstairs (we live in a condo and are not allowed to put it outside). We do have to adjust the position in order to pick up certain stations, but this is a VAST improvement over anything else we have tried. Yes, it is not the most attractive home accessory, but Winegard's website says that it is paintable and that might help. But we are just so happy to have "real" TV again without paying for cable that we don't mind the appearance.

I used to think all indoor antennas were the same; boy, was I wrong! This antenna is simply amazing - way better than any amplified antenna I've ever tried. I get every major network including Fox (a station I always had trouble pulling in even in Portland, OR), the CW, PDX (think Simpsons, Family Guy, etc), Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB - all 4 channels), AntennaTV (70s and 80s TV shows - began 1/1/11), Ion, etc, etc, etc! A friend came by when I was watching ABC HD and was in disbelief when I told him it was on OTA channel! So glad I got rid of useless, overpriced Comcast. Combined with my new Roku HD and ESPN3, I am saving so much money. Find this antenna, buy it, and don't look back!

I don't know what I expected but the "better-than-cable picture" is amazing. I should have swithced to this a long time ago. Cincy metro area and get 38 channels, mostly local and PBS but some odd balls too. The picture is somehow crisper than cable. Awesome

I was looking for an indoor antenna that could pull in the signals even though we are probably more than 30 miles from where the signals would be coming from (Chicago). This antenna is doing a great job. I placed it by our north-facing window and we are getting all the local channels except for CBS which is sometimes even poor for rooftop antennas so I'm not complaining. And the fact that it is American made is a plus.Winegard FreeVision FV-30BB HDTV Antenna - Outdoor Antenna - Hd Antenna - Indoor Antenna - Tv Antenna'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hdtv Antenna - tv antenna, hd antenna hd antenna Hdtv Antenna - tv antenna, hd antenna