Friday 11 February 2011

Plantronics 220 - handsfree, plantronics


I recently purchase this bluetooth for 12 bucks from Amazon. It's a great price for a basic bluetooth. I personally do not care all the fancy features that higher priced models have, I'm sure they are nice and may come in handy from time to time but I rather save the 60 dollars. It's very easy to do the initial set-up and to operate it. Uses one button for all the funtions, such as answering a call, redialing last number, voice dialing (only if your phone has that feature)or rejecting a call and has separate volume buttons. It's very clear at both ends, nobody has complained of not being able to hear me clearly. The bluetooth itself is very nice looking, small, light and it fit my ear perfectly. I would have givin this bluetooth 5 stars if it wasn't for the packaging, I was not aware the Bulk Packaging meant Amazon would put the headset in a sandwich bag with a bad photo copy of the instructions which were barely readable almost if I had gotten from a Craker Jack's box. But I guess if it saves you a couple bucks. I was so impressed with the headset that a bought 2 more pieces but from Newegg price was better and the packaging was more proffesional, it had a way better version of instructions. Plantronics Explorer 220 Bluetooth Headset [Bulk Packaging]

The range of this bluetooth is very poor. You can't walk more than 3ft away from it before it starts to sound flaky. The headset is comfortable and battery life is really good. Other problem I had was that when I use it while driving, people say that it sounds like i'm driving with the windows down when I'm actually not. I wouldn't recommend this product because of the sound clarity and range. $10-$20 more will be worth it.

This is a very good unit. Although, after 5 feet the bluetooth looses signal with the phone. And the earpiece is not FLEXABLE, causing severe pain after about an hour of wear. If the ear peice was re vamped, and the range extended it would be the perfect bluetooth!

(BAD) This bluetooth piece, in all respects, is huge and there is no way to adjust it to make it smaller. You would need to have ears the size of a full grown man for it to fit securely. I can loosely drape it on my ear, but it falls off no matter what I do.



(BAD) Sound quality is terrible. It sounds better on my cell phone than it does on this bluetooth. There is static, the caller sounds distant, and the sound is overall tinny.



(BAD) The microphone quality is just as bad as the sound, the callers claim that I sound very tinny and distant.



(FAIR) The range isn't terrible, but because the sound quality is already very poor you wouldn't want to get too far out of range or you'll not be able to hear the caller well at all.



(GOOD) It pairs well with any phone, just remember to hold the button for it to go into "pairing mode" which is indicated by alternating flashing blue and red lights.



This is the most disappointing earpiece I have ever tested- I will NOT be keeping it.

I trust the Plantronics brand, but this product is definitely not living up to their usual standards.

I don't own any other Bluetooth headsets. This has been the only one I'va had for about 3 years running and it is as good as the first day I bought it. Its very ergonomic and comfortable to wear. Very simple to handle and the rounded edges make it less extravagant or garish as some other newer models that i've seen. Sound quality is perfect and has a great range. Of course, if you have to go through more than 2 or three walls in your home it degrades but that's to be expected from any wireless device, especially bluetooth.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the talk time. It has lasted for more than 2 or 3 hours of straight talking and it definitely can last about 3 days on pure standby. I don't think I can say anything more positive about the product without sounding like a corporate endorsement but it is a truly great product and the price is perfect. I originally bought mine in walmart for about $30 plus dollars and I don't hesitate to recommend it to people that want to get their first and only wireless device.

i bought this for my ps3 and i love it! it arrived a day early than thought. it came in a box and it was wrapped in plastic on the inside. it came with a charger also. it fits my ear and my girlfriends ear perfectly and is very comfortable. i would really recomend this to anyone looking for a bluetooth headset for a great price. the quality is wonderful. it looks brand new and very slick. looks like it would cost more than $11. its better than spending the $40 plus dollars on the sony ones. i would buy this again. very happy with my outcome.

So I bought this head set for my husband's PlayStation 3. We didn't want to spend the extra money on a name brand headset. We simply wanted something easy to use and affordable. That's exactly what we got. I bought this item over a year ago. It still works perfect minus the usual cosmetic wear which will soon have us buying another of the same type. I love and highly recommend this product. Affordable, easy to use, and very durable! - Plantronics - Bluetooth Headset - Accessories - Handsfree'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information