Friday 11 February 2011

Male To Male - video cable, vga


Cable quality appears to be very nice. Very thick shielding. However, with Win7 at least, you will not be able to get native resolution for your TV through this cable (if you have a 1080p HD TV). I bought this because I wanted to put the computer farther than 6 ft away (length of VGA cable I had). When I hooked this up, the resolution dropped from 1920x1080, to 1024x768, and windows would not allow 1080p resolution. Go back to the cheap 6 ft VGA, works no problem. Apparently, some VGA cables don't support a certain pin that helps the computer identify the monitor, so windows locks any monitor you hook up with this to "generic PnP monitor". I've tried 2 long VGA cables so far, same results with both. I wish there were a way to identify up front which VGA cables support 1080p (identify monitor type), and which don't. RiteAV - SVGA Monitor Cable - 15 Ft.

This is a quality cable. I was surprised to see how well constructed and well insulated it is. It came with sm plastic prtective pin covers and a spare set of post nuts. It provided a really nice picture when I connected my laptop to my sony rptv (lcos). A sweet deal for $8.79 (thats about $0.58 per foot). Note: I didn't have to pay s/h because I subscribe to amazon prime (another sweet deal if you use amazon alot). - Monitor Cable - Video Cable - Vga Cable - Vga'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information