Friday 11 February 2011

Digital Camera Accessory - class 6, 8gb


Its a pretty simple deal. The card is exactly as advertised. Its fast and, so far at least, reliable.



My only little complaint is that the SD card reader included is cheap. Let me set that straight- I expected it to be cheaply built. It was cheaper than I expected. The main thing I expected is that the USB connector would be made of metal- its made of plastic. Its in the picture, but I didn't notice that detail. I found that some others didn't notice it either.



Now for my purposes this turns out to be just fine. I only use the reader as a backup reader, not as my main SD card reader. Still I feel it should be noted. Transcend 8 GB Class 6 SDHC Flash Memory Card with USB Card Reader TS8GSDHC6-P2

I use this with my Powershot camera. I'm not a professional photographer, and don't want to become one. I just wanted something to hold lots of pictures and be easy to download onto my computer. This is it.



The adapter that allows the MC to be placed in a port on the front of my computer can't be any easier. It brings up the photos fast. I'm no expert on speeds and the like, I just know for a family photographer, and a nature picture taker, this is the perfect tool to save the shots for as long as needed. I've never run out of space and tend to save shots for a long time.



There has never been any hint of a glitch using this MC and the USB Card Reader.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone, family shooter or professional. For the price, you can't go wrong.

This worked fine out of the box. It glows when you plug it in to tell you that it's connected correctly, which I found nice. It's so simple to use there's really nothing more to say. The only small thing is I rather wish it was a little more substantial in it's construction. Something little like this might accidently have something put on it, and I don't feel comfortable that it would survive much mishandling.

So you're looking at buying this, which means you're looking for the memory card and the reader.



Given the current Amazon prices are ~$5 different between the model with the card reader and just the card, this means the card reader costs you approximately $5, right?



Well, you get what you pay for.



The card itself is fast, both in writing from a Canon XSi DSLR camera and in reading from the included card reader. The capacity is 8 GB (less in actual use thanks to formatting the device). I can take the quoted fastest frames per second (3.5 fps) with this card, unlike the generic 2 GB SD card I have. The Class 6 speed really seems to help.





Now the card reader itself... it's VERY cheaply built. It doesn't feel like it will break if you drop it, but it doesn't seem like it would take much to damage it either. The memory card sticks out of the reader which is a blessing or a curse depending on how you look at it. It's easy to remove the card from the reader. It just takes some lining up on your part to ensure the card is inserted correctly.





For a $5 premium? I don't care if the reader is cheaply built. It WORKS and it is cheap. And that's enough for me.

I had just purchased a brand new computer and was very excited about the fact that it had built in card readers. Then I purchased a new camera, the Panasonic Lumix dmc-zs3, and learned from reading all of the reviews that you should use a SD HC card, and most computers don't read the SD HC cards, just SD. Anyways, I purchased this card because it came with the reader and it is great. Very convenient, no more trips to the store to have them put on CD. I have only had it since the end of November and am very happy so far!

This card functions perfectly, but how much can you say about a memory card? Here is the "unexpected bonus" that I referenced in the subject line:



My PC at home has an external media reader, but the SD port on it does not support SDHC (high-capacity) cards; only standard (non-HC) cards. Because this Transcend card comes with a USB adapter (which allows you to insert the SD card into USB ports), I can now read SDHC cards on my PC using the USB ports! I am very pleased about this.



Shipping was fast, and the product works perfectly!

I purchased this to use as a dedicated ReadyBoost volume with my netbook, an ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005HA-PU17-BK 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 10.5 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Starter) running Windows 7. Unfortunately, Windows said the volume was too slow!



I also bought two of the 4GB versions of the same SD card, the Transcend 4 GB SDHC Class 6 Flash Memory Card TS4GSDHC6E [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging], and the two supposedly identical units showed very different speed results with the native Windows 7 ReadyBoost speed test. I now use the faster of the two 4GB cards for ReadyBoost (which seems to help Windows 7 performance very nicely, btw).



Bottom line, these cards seem to vary in performance from unit to unit based upon my limited experience.



Perhaps a different unit of the same 8GB card would be faster, your mileage may vary, etc... - Class 6 - Memory Card - Sdhc - 8gb'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information