Friday 11 February 2011

Community Development - economics, marketing


Salamon writes an excellent (and heavily researched) book about six typical small towns in the Midwest. I live in a cross between two of them ("Prairieview" and "Bunkerton") with elements of the other four, and now I wish I had read this book when it first came out in 2003. It's rather eye-opening to any rural newcomer who asks "Why am I being treated like an outcast by some, and a great friend by others?" Great book. It's not a "how-to" book but rather a "why" book, and that's 50% of the challenge for newcomers - grasping the culture. Newcomers to Old Towns: Suburbanization of the Heartland

This is a terrific book, especially for people like me now living in a rural small town similar to the towns discussed in this book. I recommend this book to any "newcomer," such as myself, to become familar with how "old-timers" think, act and live. It gave me a real appreciation for my "new" small town, which fortunately still has a great sense of community. - Rural - Economics - Marketing'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Community Development - economics, marketing economics Community Development - economics, marketing