Thursday 9 December 2010

Large Screen - tomtom, gps mount


The Tom Tom comes with the suction mount for the windshield. Tried that but is a real pain to take off when you stop. Don't want to leave the mount attached to the windshield so everyone knows you have a GPS in you car. After a few days I had to find another mount that was out of the way and easy to use. This vent mount is just the thing. I can take the GPS unit off and leave the mount attached to the vent. Can easily re-attach when I'm ready to go. It is just plastic but seems to hold up okay. ARKON TTEP129-ST-RVC TomTom EasyPort Removable Swivelt Air Vent Mount

It took a little while to find the best place in the cars vents to mount this holder but it works well and I mounted it in the bottom slat of the passenger side air vent with it angled for the driver to view the GPS screen. The TomTom GPS is out of direct sight from thieves and eliminates some of the glare on the screen. The GPS holder is solid and has no movement when the cars traveling. I guess I prefer this over a dash or windshield mount.

My first gps mount was lost in the mail. I notified Amazon.com, they notified the supplier who immediately sent a replacement and e-mailed me.The swivel mount works great and this company is the best with it's service. I would highly recommend them. Amazon is a champ like always.

This vent mount is relatively simple to put together. It holds the GPS unit well and is easily adjustable. I use it on my TomTom XXL 540S and am very happy with it. Can't ask for more than that - no, that's not true: paying in the teens for a couple pieces of extruded plastic from a chinese factory is probably a bit much. Arkon could do well to reduce the price of this product.

Others have written that this product is difficult to assemble. I went to the seller's web site and downloaded the assembly instructions for the nearest comparable product. Following those, I put this together in less than ninety seconds and used the same instructions to install it on my vent. Its located at an adequate viewing level and is secure. I would tend to agree with another reviewer that its a bit pricey for a chinese made product but I'm happy with it and glad I bought it.

This is a great accessory. It attaches to my vent and my GPS connects quickly and securely. It helps to keep my line of vision open to the road while still having my GPS close at hand! It was received as promised and shipped to me quickly.



I'm very happy and would recommend this product and seller to anyone!

The suction cup of the older TomTom models has been replaced with the EasyPort mount and the new design is way better than the old suction cup. My new TomTom can cling strongly to the windshield glass, so I feel my purchase of this accessory is unnecessary. Worse yet, the clips of this device make it difficult to remove from the air vent. I like to remove all accessories from view when the car is parked, to not signal thieves that there's a TomTom GPS in the car. The cost of replacing the broken glass is a lot more than the cost of the GPS ! This device functions properly though as advertised if you don't mind leaving it fixed to the air vent and not wanting to remove it often.

Works fine once you figure out the steps to attach. Clips are hard to use to attach and detach.

The clips don't work well with finger pressure as delivered. Hard to get enough pressure to open them to attach or detach. Especially for folks with big fingers. Howsomever, by filing down the points on the bottom clips and rounding them, it made attaching/detaching the clip much easier.

The sequence to attach it is put the clip on the vent, attach the flat plate to the unit, plug the power cable into the unit and then slip the unit on the vent mount. Reverse to detach (I leave the flat plate attached to the GPS).

The unit is stable during travel. - Gps Mount - Tomtom - Mount - Junk'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information