Thursday 9 December 2010

Ipod Accessory - ipod accessories, iphone fm transmitter


I am extremely surprised to find out people are actually happy with this thing! To say it's cheap is an understatement. It is made completely out of very cheap plastic, very cheesy that is almost like a toy out of a cereal box (and that's no exaggeration!). But that aside, the important thing was if it worked.



I bought this in a package deal with other accessories (cases, cig lighter chargers, charging adapters, etc), but mainly wanted it for the FM transmitter. I put the needed batteries in and programmed the channels in and then set it down to plug in my ipod. It then 'blanked out' and I had to reprogram it all over again.



So I tried it with the car lighter adapter and it was worse! Every time you even touch it, it would blank out.....I couldn't even get a channel programmed before it would blank out again, so it was impossible to even plug my ipod in it to try it!



So the most stable way to use it was to put the batteries back it. Again, I kept having problems with it blanking out, but did finally get to use it and the quality was pretty good, but having it constantly blanking out almost renders it useless!!



Yes, the price is cheap............but the quality is VERY,VERY POOR and what good is it if it's almost completely useless!! I would recommend spending even just a few bucks more to spare yourself a LOT of frustration and try a different one that is actually useable. Apple iPod iPhone Accessories. Apple Fm Transmitter Car Kit and Car Charger with LCD display for Ipod 3rd, 4th, 5th Generation, Mini, Photo, U2, Nano, Video, Classic, Touch. (Colors May Vary)

This is a great transmitter for the money. I only paid about $6 for it and it works perfectly. I can use it throughout the house. You can use it with anything with a headphone jack and choose any station to play on. Don't buy the expensive transmitters unless you want something specifically made for iPod.

I purchased this device for an iPod Touch and a car without an auxiliary jack or USB port. The price is the best out there but there is a certain amount of truth to that bit about getting what you pay for. The sound is rather muffled so that I am turning up the iPod as high as it can go and I'm still towards the high end of the stereo. I have yet to see volume control on the device itself that I suppose could correct the problem. As one other review mentioned, there are no directions in the package.



It works better than what I had before (nothing) but for someone who is really looking for quality sound as the end result, you need another device.

First, as far as I can tell, the USB port on this transmitter does NOT charge a device (at least not my iPod Touch).



While the adjustability of FM stations (in .1 increments 87.5 - 108.0) is a great feature, a couple design errors prevent this transmitter from being amazing. After I wrote the vendor I purchased from, they send me another. Comparing the two leads me to believe that the same issues probably plague most of the units.



The cigarette lighter adapter included did not fit snugly on the first unit I received. Any minor jostling or moving the device would cause it to lose power. The second unit has a somewhat better fit, making the car adapter usable. While batteries are an option, they are drained quite quickly (within a day or two) while the unit is off. Having 10 present stations is a nice feature, but the stations are not remembered if batteries are removed or the cable is unplugged.



As a transmitter, it works fine. The huge range of adjustability means that it is easy to find a (relatively) open FM channel. Plugging in a USB cable led to substantial distortion on the second unit I received.



Conclusion? For significantly less than other transmitters, this one may provide a great value if you are willing to put up with some quirks (and if having a useless USB port doesn't bother you).

I paid virtually nothing for this FM transmitter, and I got what i paid for. When it's working, it works well (see below). On some long road trips, i've discovered that the transmitter was actually strong enough to overpower local radio stations--a big bonus! I have had no problems at all using this in big cities with lots of radio clutter. The cord from the transmitter to the headphone jack is a few inches shorter than I would've liked, but you can make it work.



More on the transmitter:

The transmitter works 98% of the time. But 1% of the time it "purrs" at you, and 1% of the time it violently (and loudly) "hiccups." The "purring" isn't too disturbing, but the "hiccups" can be quite jarring in the middle of a song. If i had to do it over again, i would get a different transmitter.

Love Love Love this. I live in a fairly big southern city and I have no problems with this. Works like a charm you just have to play with the volume a little bit to get it to sound the best. For someone who likes almost all types of music and doesn't go around thumping base but likes it reasonably loud in your car this is for you. If you want to blare rap music or something else with heavy base you probably won't like it. My friend paid $100 for a label and mine works just as good. - Fm Transmitter - Iphone Fm Transmitter - Ipod Accessories - Ipod Accessory'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information