Thursday 9 December 2010

Computer Cables - hdmi extender, adapters


This coupler worked great for me. I used it to connect two 25' HDMI cables together in order to make it all the way from my upstairs Tivo HD to another HDTV in my basement. For some reason, I kept doubting that this would work. It seems like too much to ask for the HDMI cables to run that long, and the coupler seemed like adding an even bigger hurdle.



But the signal is absolutely perfect. There are no traditional "losses" in an HDMI connection. Either the digital "handshake" works or it doesn't, it's an all or nothing connection. So this coupler maintained the connection. Hdmi F/F Female Gender Changer Adapter Coupler For Hdtv

Seller didn't send the correct described item. If I order a symmetric HDMI coupler, I must receive a symmetric coupler not an asymmetric coupler. What you have sent me doesn't work with my application. Seller is LowerPriceUSA.

Received it in about 3 days, hooked it up to my existing HDMI cable, and everything worked fine. When connecting, it makes a nice assuring 'click' sound. Didn't notice any loss in picture quality. Not sure about sound because i put it on the end of a DVI to HDMI cable, and DVI doesn't transfer sound, but so far so good!

For $2 you can't beat this. I bought one of these plus two 25 foot cables http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IJY8DS/ref=oss_product and connected it all to my Mac Pro via this adapter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025V2VO0/ref=oss_product. Now my 52" LCD TV on my wall is a second monitor... with audio coming out of my TV's sound system!



So does it work? Very well... and gave me a 50' HDMI cable in the process.

After going to RADIO SHACK and told the price was $17 for this coupler, I dicided to get on the internet and check out the prices..... a buck and a quarter was MUCH better than $17.... AND IT WORKS GREAT..... enough said.



DON'T EVER GO TO RADIO SHACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Hdmi Extender - Cables - Computer Cables - Adapters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information