Thursday 9 December 2010

Air Mattresses - airbed, airbed built in pump


I bought this airbed couple of month ago. Two people can easily sleep on it and the pump comes in very handy but unfortunately it lasted only 1 month and all the walls that separate the chambers detached from the surface and exactly one night after that the bed was completely out of air! Buying this kind of mattress was a big mistake. If you want one to last-long, go for a bed with just one chamber. Intex Pillow Rest Queen Airbed with Built-in Electric Pump

This was bought for my boyfriend and I to sleep on when he comes to town. It is very comfortable and there is a lot of room for us! It loses a tiny bit of air during the night but not so much that it is on the floor or anything. It is a little difficult to get up off of it in the morning because it is like a water bed. If you get a good wave going you can jump right up! The other problem I had with it is that it makes me sweat. Even with the covering and a sheet. I am still sleeping on vinyl and so I sweat. Not a lot but it is noticeable in the morning. I am happy with the fact that it holds a lot of weight too because I am a big woman and my boyfriend is a big man. It holds us with no problem. It was over all a very good purchase and I am happy with it!

The best money I have ever spent was on this mattress. This was actually the second one I had ordered. The first one that I had ordered 3 years ago was terrific. It was punctured by a childrens toy, but in all fairness to the mattress it is very durable and fell victim to an extreme amount of horseplay by some children. The second mattress which I recieved a couple of days ago is just as great as the one I ordered 3 years ago. In fact, it is better. Some minor improvements such as a storage compartment for the pumps power cord and eaiser adjustments on the firmness control on the pump are so convenient. Also comes with an ample amount of patches and glue to secure any tears that may occur. Rest assure though through normal use you will never need the repair kit. This air mattress is used daily and since inflating it on monday(today is wednesday) no air has been lost. With the old mattress I had to refill a tiny amount of air usually once a month. This is the mattress to get. You will not regret it. Take advantage of Amazons promotion as well like I did. It qualified for the free shipping and when applying for the Amazon Visa Card they deducted $30.00 off of the purchase making my total payment for this mattress only $19.95. You can't beat that!!!!!!!!

This Intex Airbed is a very strong and durable product. The initial setup was simple; I placed it in a spot away from the walls, plugged it in and it inflated in only a few minutes. The plug and pump are built right into the bed.

I recently had an air mattress from another manufacturer, for the same price - and the Intex bed is far superior.

It is a very significant feature that this bed is high off of the ground - being that the other mattress was very difficult to get in and out of as it was so low to the ground.

This is perfect for the kind of bed that you would inflate and just leave in one spot.

Yes, I have to slightly re-inflate the bed every once in awhile - but it is an air bed and this is to be expected.

I am very satisfied with this purchase -- a very good buy for the price.

I bought the air mattress for my niece's home in Chicago. She said she had a futon to sleep on for her guests. I just spent the weekend with her and the mattress was WONDERFUL!!!! The queen size is the height of a normal bed and OH SO SOFT!!!

I recommend this to anyone looking for a great bed at a great price.

So it was a really great deal - a bed under $50, with free shipping with a whole lot of 5-star reviews and only a little bit of 1-star ones... But you know how it goes - people don't like the color of the shipping package, or the UPS truck was delayed 2.5 hours on the day of the deliver, and they rate the product 1 star... So, I went ahead and ordered this bed, and... it was Magnificent!!!



The best bed I've ever slept on, within the last 3.5 years of my graduate studies (not counting a King bed in Hilton near San-Francisco airport). I really love this bed. The original order was placed on October 12th.



The bed was beautiful, sturdy, big enough, comfortable enough, high enough, strong enough, or soft enough if you pump some air out. The pump is a little bit loud if you run it at night, but I never had issues with the neighbors. I had to add some air every week or so. Also it seemed to be a little bit higher on one end, maybe a couple of centimeters, and I noticed that the bed was shifting along the room every night - probably was sliding a little bit when I was getting up or lying down. Nothing really important. GREAT bed.



The scary part starts now: today, 4 month after the purchase (and the limited warranty covers the product for how many days? right, 90 days ;) ), I was woken up by a noise, and beatings, which felt and sounded like my head was attached to a jackhammer, which was drilling the oil well all the way down to lake "Vostok" in Antarctica. I first thought that someone was shooting in my bedroom, but there was nobody else, and I realized that whatever happened started near the legs and crept all the way towards the head. Neck not hurting anymore, shock still in place, I woke up faster than ever before, and the truth enlightened me: the bed was undergoing an upgrade.



I don't know what's inside there, but what googleing revealed is that there are some chambers inside the bed, and some rubber walls which hold the top and bottom together, and those get detached and the bed transforms into a balloon. Mine is still kinda rectangular, but instead of being queen bed, it's now "split" into two twin bed counterparts by a tall, 15-cm hill right in the middle. This hill is even higher than the head support one! It's still possible to sleep on either side of the hill, and even on the hill itself, it's kinda fun, and what's more important is that the bed still holds air perfectly well!



Honestly, I don't mind sleeping on a balloon, as long as it provides a solid rigid support for the body, but I really don't want to be woken up at night by these explosions and drilling punches / pushes / munches. I should probably get some courage, approach the bed and try to sleep on it tonight, and hope we can find a compromise. It's not because of the expired warranty that I'm not returning the bed, it's because it's so good and reliable friend... :)



P.S. But honestly, come on, I understand it might not be made for everyday use, but how on Earth do you guys, dear valuable developers, managed to calculate the warranty period so precisely? Just couple of weeks after the expiration, and BAMMM... nice job ;) - Guest Bed - Airbed Built In Pump - Air Bed - Airbed'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information