Thursday 11 December 2008

Replacement Battery - ridgid, ryobi 12 volt


I bought this replacement battery because the two that came with the original purchase had begun to not hold a charge. The originals lasted about four years. This replacement failed after two uses. Read other reviews about poor quality replacements, and my experience was the same. Ridgid 130252002 12V 1.25Ah NiCd Battery

My two batteries have clearly outperformed my expectations. They've endured extreme southwest heat (100+ degrees), dust and severe abuse for the past three years. My DeWalt driver's battery surrendered after two years of similar treatment. The Ridgids continue to perform although one's charge doesn't last so long now. I'm buying two more to add to my toolbox. My experience with Amazon has been superb. Two other products I ordered in the past were either flawed or not what was ordered. I received replacements within days, one in two days time.

I checked my local "battery" specialty store and found out I could get my old ones refurbished for a few bucks MORE than this new replacement costs. I got two of these - been using them for months now (light "home" duty) and they're terrific.

Ridgid 12V 1.25Ah NiCd Battery 130252002



I had two batteries with my drill driver. One went bad just before the warranty expired. The other one lasted a year longer. I hope this one performs as well as the first two.

Delivery was quick. The battery was not charged when I got it but took full charge in about half an hour and has worked perfectly since. I do not use my drill driver all the time but tend to use it pretty heavily when I do need it.

This battery seems as strong as the old one when it was new.

I have had a hard time finding batteries.

Partly because I was looking for an exact match.

This battery is a bit smaller and a bit less time on charge,

but available and cheaper. Yippee

Now I don't have to buy a new drill because the battery technology has changed.

When my old Ridgid NiCd batteries went dead, I recycled them. I found out ne week later that you can have them re-built at a fractiion of the cost of new ones! I found these two new ones online for just over the cost of one at Home Depot. Good supplier. Thanks Amazon. - Ridgid - Ryobi 12 Volt'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Replacement Battery - ridgid, ryobi 12 volt ryobi 12 volt Replacement Battery - ridgid, ryobi 12 volt