Thursday 11 December 2008

Printer Ink - ink cartridge, inkjet


The ink seems to work well for general purpose use. The only problem I have is sometimes the printer thinks the cartridge is empty when there is still clearly a significant amount of ink left in the cartridge.



Amazon.com is typically among the lowest cost suppliers of Canon CLI-8 ink. Canon CLI-8M Magenta Ink Tank

I use this ink for my every day printing needs and sometimes for picture printing. The quality is great and the colors are vivid. Canon has a great line of printing products, and I would recommend to buy original inks, since they provide better quality.

I have a Canon Photo Printer which takes six CLI-8 Canon Ink Cartridges. The cost of each individual ink cartridge ranges from around $12.50-15 (on Amazon) to 18.99 in Staples. So no matter how you buy the genuine Canon Ink Cartridges keeping yourself ready to print photos is expensive.



You can get a better per cartridge of you buy them in Canon CLI-8 4-Color Multipack Ink Tanks. In that case each individual cartridge is a little less expensive. Canon package CL-8C (Cyan), CL-8M (Magenta), CL-8Y (Yellow), and CL-8BK (Black) as a pack ($40-44 on Amazon). When cartridges are sold in packs you might think those colors are used at similar rates... but that is not so.



I have kept track of the usage of the cartridges over a long period of time and would like to share these results with you.



Number of cartridges used



CL-8M Magenta = 5



CL-8Y Yellow = 8



CL-8B Black = 6



CL-8PC Photo Cyan = 6



CL-8PM Photo Magenta = 8



CL-8C Cyan = 4



My usage shows that yellow is used the most, followed closely by Photo Magenta, followed next by Black and Photo Cyan, and trailed by Cyan and Magenta. Note that I have a laser printer that I used for text otherwise the usage of the Black Cartridge would have been a lot higher.



I buy most of my color photo ink on-line from Amazon. However now that Staples began (again) accepting CL-8 cartridges for Staples Rewards in their recycling empty cartridges program, I wanted to analyze my usage to see which cartridges I should buy at Staples using my Staples Rewards.



My original thought was to buy Canon CLI-8PC Photo Cyan Ink Tank and Canon CLI-8PM Photo Magenta Ink Tank since they don't come in a pack. But given the usage chart above, it is clear that I should buy extra Yellow and Photo Magenta.

I love my Pixma printers, and the ink is no exception. I always buy the name-brand of ink because of the chip on the tank (I don't trust myself to peel it off and glue it on the generic ones.) Sometimes I have problems with the printer thinking the tank is empty when it is not, but I assume that has something to do with the fact that my printer is over 4 years old.

I have been using Canon printers and ink for many years. I like the printers that use the individual ink colors best. Although the Canon ink is expensive, the resulting prints are wonderful. Amazon's price, delivery time, and shipping costs are as good as gets.

I will no longer purchase from office supply stores if I continue to find these ink cartridges at these prices at amazon. Even generic versions of the same ink did not come close to the price offered here. Shipping was timely and the product was no different than what I could find at a big box store. - Ink Cartridge - Canon - Printer Ink - Inkjet'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Printer Ink - ink cartridge, inkjet ink cartridge Printer Ink - ink cartridge, inkjet