Thursday 11 December 2008

Rechargeable Batteries - mens grooming, electric razor


As an African-American military member, this is the closet shaver I have found that does not leave my face with ingrownhairs two days later. I am very impressed with it. I used to use Wahl beard trimmers turned upside down, and sometimes the BumpStopper razors. This is, by far, the best product for a very, very close shave and yet no razor bumps. If only it cost a little less, I would like to buy them as a Xmas gift for every professinal black men in my family. Wahl Professional 8061 5-star Series Deluxe Rechargeable Shaver Shaper

I've had this shaver for almost a year. CONS - the 1st thing to go out after 6 months was the ability to use it without the cord so I had to use it plugged in. The next thing to go was the foil itself. Probably because I take it everywhere.



As a black man, i've tried all the products but still got razor bumps. For the last 10 yrs, I was just using the trimmer my barber uses but I still looked like I had a 5 O'Clock shadow. One day my barber pulled out the shaver and the love affair with this razor began as my wife was loving how close the shave was compared to the old trimmer.



Some of the guys reviewing this product, in my opinion, are not using the shaver correctly and I would like to help. When I 1st tried it, I would push it hard on my face to try to get as close as possible. When I did this, I would get little bumps. I realized I was being counter-productive as the goal is a close shave NOT using force and getting below the skin-line and creating razor bumps. When I just run it across my face like it was a razor blade, I get NO razor bumps and the shave is very close. I recognize the spots on my face that I only pass once or twice as they are prone to razor bumps. For me, it is one the sides of my chin. You HAVE to use it daily or the facial hairs get to long. In that case, use the barber trimmer and then use this product.



Although it barely lasted one year, I'm about to stock up with 3 more. One for travel, one for the house and one for the car. Oh, and this Christmas, I'm getting some for some of my boys who use a blade and have bad razor bumps...



Hope this helps...

I selected this product because my barber had used it when shaving me. I was never satisfied with other shavers that I had previously used because they always left visible hairs, but found this shaver to be very satisfactory. I decided to try it for those shaves that I would need in between my trips to the barber. It does the job very well. I would recommend it to others, particularly Black men. I've had no post shave bumps or other irritation from using this device.

I tried this shaver and it was ok. I got burned the first time and it did not cut as close as i would like it to....but i think what might not work for me will work for you. For all those black men out there who are plagued with razor bumps and have tried everyway of shaving, here is a little advice: try the Andis outliner 2 trimmer and be sure you go to your local black barber and ask him to adjust the blades. Please be sure that the ones that he uses on his clients work. You want them to be close but not close enough to bite. besides that DO NOT USE RAZORS OR ANY OTHER ELECTRIC SHAVERS. Trust me. I have tried different ways and this will save you a lot of razor bumps.

I ordered this shaver because I am deployed to Iraq and I lost my previously used electric shaver(the great Remington ES-1000 Bump Control Shaver, I do not know why they discontinued this model). I was hoping that after looking over the reviews it would be a good replacement, but it caused more bumps to appear on my face! I tried to wait 2 weeks for my face to get used to it, but it failed to cut enough hair to keep me within military standards on a daily basis. Finally, this model does not have the pop up trimmer as advertised. SAVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!!

first time user of electric shavers.



ive been using this everyday now for almost a week now. first few days had MINOR irritation but with lighting my pressure and pre-shave powder sticks its been perfect ever since.



shaves super close and quick. takes me about 5 minutes if that to shave my face and neck (i have a full shaped beard tho)



cleans everything right up close and quick with very light pressure. what i really love about it is that i can shave right up to AND into my beard lines without shaving any of my beard at all (the holes on the foil are designed to shave very short hairs/stubble without cutting longer hairs) which allows me to get a clean daily shave right up to my beard lines.



ONLY downside of foil shavers (i assume all of them with the smaller holes) if you do happen to go a few days or miss a strand of hair here and there due to being in a rush youll hair to cut those hairs down a bit with something else before the shaver will catch them



i suggest a nice clean razor blade shave the first day to get everything flat and even...then from there on use the electric shaver daily.



they suggest 1-3 weeks for your skin to adjust to electric but with the help of a pre shave powder stick and daily use my skin is already used to it in less than a week.



no bumps, no reddening (unless i press hard), no irritation anymore

I never knew about this electric razor until another African-American man mentioned it about a month ago during a random conversation. I ordered, used it and I'm quite impressed. I've searched for and used numerous electric razors and all work decent on my skin. The key to using this one is pre-cutting your hair with either an edger/liner type clipper and then going over it with the Wahl. Hope this helps!

I am a 31 year old black male with very sensitive skin. I have always shaved with Andis Outliner trimmer and have desired a closer shave for years. A few years ago I tried shaving with Magic Shaving Powder like my father and that didn't work out, I had terrible in-grown hairs all over my face and neck a few days afterwards. So after stumbling upon this Wahl bump free shaver I was somewhat optimistic that maybe I'll finally be able to get that closer shave I've always desired. I only shave every 5 days ago due to my skin being sensitive. I shaved for the first time with this Wahl shaver last Thursday night the same day it was delivered by UPS. I read the instructions and it said your face needs to get used to a new shaver and to only use the Wahl shaver for a few weeks. The very next day my face was super sensitive and would sting a little if I touched my face or under my neck. Well after letting the hair on my face grow out from last Thursday to today(Tuesday) I needed to shave again to look appropriate for work and decided not to chance it with the Wahl shaver and to just use the Andis Outliner trimmer instead and couldn't believe how bad my face looked, in-grown hairs and bumps everywhere on my face and neck. You should be able to see the pictures I uploaded to see the condition of my face. I spent 30 minutes picking in-grown hairs out and now my face will need a few weeks to recover and hopefully heal. I'm repackaging this Wahl shaver and calling Amazon tomorrow and argue with the rep about giving me a refund, I feel this is false advertisement. From reading other reviews I guess maybe other black males have tougher skin than mine and maybe thats why they had better success with this shaver. I'm disappointed that I still have not found anything that can give me a closer shave than the Andis trimmer I use, but I guess I just have to accept it for now and be happy not to have any in-grown hairs or bumps after I shave. - Electric Razor - Wahl Electric Razor - Cord And Cordless - Mens Grooming'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Rechargeable Batteries - mens grooming, electric razor electric razor Rechargeable Batteries - mens grooming, electric razor