Thursday 11 December 2008

Boys Knickers - baby aspen, clothing


We bought this for our 6month old son.. we bought the 6-9mon and like another poster, it was a bit tight on him. He wore it the Sunday before Easter, at a family get-together and was the hit of everyone. Everyone could not get over how cute the outfit was.



I would have given it a 5, if the outfit wasn't snug on him. He only wore it 2 times, but it was still worth it to me Infant & Toddler Boys Vintage Style Knickers Outfit 5-pc with Suspenders, Bowtie & Newsboy Cap (Toddlers 3T)

Disappointing purchase. Cheap fabric, threads sticking out all over suggest shoddy construction. Suspenders have gold thread (which is not apparent in the online photo) - they look feminine and tacky. Brim of hat has no support sewn into it, so it's very flimsy. Neither the hat nor the pants are lined and the fabric is very thin. I don't expect this outfit to withstand more than one laundering. I agree with the comments re:sizing. I ordered a size 3T, which should fit my son who is wearing 24-mo. to 2T. If you like the style of this outfit, you'd be better off buying a good pair of trousers that fit your baby or child and have them tailored into knickers. I bought a nicer quality newsboy cap recently at Gymboree, but I've seen them in other retail stores, too.

If you think this is going to be a good quality fabric and sewn outfit you will be disappointed. You get what you pay for it's very cheap to buy and it is very cheaply made. The hat is not a great shape and the nickers suspenders are awful. I replaced mine with different ones. I bought this for my son to use for dress up as Oliver! He also wears it with waistcoat as a scruffy chimney sweep at weddings with my husbands who sings at weddings, he looks adorable in it for about 30 mins. It looks a bit thready and scruffy, he looks like a poor little orphan in it. Perfect for those types of dress up but not for a high end wedding. If I was buying it for a child to wear for a whole day... I wouldn't, it's probably a little itchy as the materials are all cheap.

I like this outfit but I didn't have high expectations. What does one expect for $[...]!!!! Not 5 pieces of bespoke silken charm surely?



[...]

Outfit is ok, i wasnt too excited about the material/finish of it though, don't think i would have paid almost $50 dlls for this (after shipping and handling) if i would have seeing it at the store and felt the material...But over all the whole idea of the outfit was cute; i'm planning on using this for my son's 2nd birthday, don't think he'll wear it again after this, it's a cute one-time wear outfit, it'd be a good one for a vintage photo shoot as well...

We bought this for our 7 month old's dedication service. I wanted something that would make him look like a little man and this was perfect. I read other reviews before I ordered so I ordered the 9 month size which fit him perfectly. He normally wears a 6 month size because he is pretty small still (15 lbs) so consider that when placing an order. I looked at this outfit on several different websites and they were all much pricier than here on Amazon. You will love it!

I absolutely loved this outfit --but tried it on the grandson a little to late --(WAY TO SMALL) left the bottom 2 buttons undone ---then he threw up on the tie and shirt so we can't return it. Plus now no outfit for EASTER. The outfit is so CUTE and the transaction went smooth. I do wish i had read the reviews before hand. DUH!!

I bought this outfit for my 13 month old son. We had a special event to go to, and we wanted him to look special for the pictures. He was a hit! He loved to have the hat on even. The quality and the details on the outfit are excellent. And it fit him perfectly. I definetly recommend this outfit.

The sizes on this outfit really do run quite small. We had a wedding to go to and wanted our little guy to look cute. The outfit was on him, a little snug, but our son is in the 95 percentile for height so we are accustomed to things not quite fitting (we typically leave a button or two undone or something). This outfit seemed fine while I had my son laying on his back and all buttoned up. But when I picked him up he started turning red in the face and couldn't breathe. I ripped the clip on bow-tie off immediately and he immediately gasped a huge breath and started crying. Of course I felt awful for forcing the outfit on ... I layed him down to start taking the outfit off when he pealed into another scream... the suspenders had come lose in back and the metal had dug into his skin (even through the shirt). I should have bought the 9 month size for my 3 month old!! I felt aweful and my poor son felt worse. - Clothing - Baby Aspen - Baby - Boys Knickers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Boys Knickers - baby aspen, clothing baby Boys Knickers - baby aspen, clothing