Sunday 2 October 2011

With Answering Device - with answering device, cordless phone


This telephone set is perfect! I researched cordless telephone manufacturers and I came to the conclusion that Vtech phones had the best overall reviews. I was not disappointed.

Clear sound and no battery issues. Remote phones are problem free. I particularly like that telephone numbers and other things entered into any of the telephones are available to all of them. The buttons are easy to use and using the features is simple.

I have optimum digital/cable phone service through Cablevision and I have the primary base phone connected to the modem. The bases of the two secondary phones are plugged into electrical outlets. No problems at all.

I am not using the answering machine system that is a feature of this set. A really great thing for me is that the telephones actually tell me when a voicemail has been left on my digital/cable system.

This set is a great deal! Other cordless telephone systems sell for a lot more. Vtech DECT 6.0 Silver/Black Expandable 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with Digital Answering Device and Caller ID (CS6229-3)

I've been using VTech expandable cordless phone system for 4 years. Few weeks ago I was forced to look for a rechargable battery replacement in one of my phones (VTech 2660 series). It could no longer hold the charge.



However, as I was looking around for the best deal, instead of replacing the battery I ended up with a new VTech phone system (CS6229-4) purchased directly from VTech. As of this writing Amazon doesn't offer 4 handset unit but because they all work the same regardless of the number of handsets, I wanted to share the experience with mine.



I'm very pleased with this upgrade. Besides good sound quality and ease of setup/use, I really appreciate the feature of Directory entries being shared by all system handsets. "Any additions, deletions or edits made on one handset affect the directory on all handsets." My old system did not support that - inconvenience.



VTech 6229 allows to answer calls by pressing any of the backlit dialing keys (0-9, #, *) besides those two dedicated (unfortunately non-lit) Talk/Flash and Speakerphone.



Handsets have 10 different ring tones to choose from.

This phone has all I need. It saves from caller ID to the memory. It has an easy to see display with a battery indicator much like a cell phone. Multiple ring tones are nice. It is really simple and easy to use.



Clarity of voice is good.



It has NiMH batteries, which take 16 hours to charge, according to the manual. Once charged, they stay charged at least four days off the base. This is nice.



If you are looking for a phone that is easy to use, with plenty of features, but not complicated, get this one.

After a week's experience with these phones a couple observations that haven't been mentioned: 1. I can get about 200' away from the base station, and through two walls, before the signal starts to break up; 2. the speaker phone feature works well; 3. unlike traditional home systems, if an incoming call needs to be picked up on another phone you have to explicitly transfer the call to that handset number - you can't just have someone pickup another phone. The system also uses this mechanism for "intercom" calls within the system. You can have up to 12 handsets on one base station; 4. unlike many phones I've used, accessing the handset features is pretty obvious, but a quick scan of the manual doesn't hurt; 5. The handsets are very light weight yet the controls have a solid positive feel. All in all these phones are an excellent value.

I've had this phone system for close to a month. It's great to have the additional wireless handsets since my older house has only one phone jack. Now there are phones in the kitchen and the master bedroom and all the handsets share info..such a convenience. The readouts on the handsets are easy to read, too. The answering device is simple to use.



The only downside is that the battery covers pop off if the handset gets dropped in the floor. It would be nice if the covers were more sturdy.



One tip: set the ringer volume at the base. Setting volume on the handset doesn't seem to do the trick...and the preset volume is LOUD, especially with three handsets.

I bought these to go along with our Xlink Bluetooth gateway. The phones are really great & have excellent sound quality. The speakerphone function is top notch and sound quality is excellent on the sound and mic. I haven't used a cordless phone in a long while, and I must admit it was really neat to see that if you program a phone number into 1 phone, it shows up on all 3. The phones themselves are very light, but a caution is that their design doesn't let you hold it between your head and shoulder easily. They feel cheaply made, but I think that is because they are so darn light. Don't assume they're cheap. I've dropped them several times and had no problems. The standby time is really long. We left ours off a charger for +2 days and hadn't lost a battery bar.



I'm very happy with the product & would recommend it to anyone. - Extra Handset Included - With Answering Device - Expandable Multi-handset - Cordless Phone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information