Sunday 2 October 2011

Hdmi Cables - hdtv, hdmi


Great DVI Converter...excellent quality. It worked perfectly via my HDMI cord when I used my PS3 on my Dell E228WFP 22" Monitor. Visuals on the LCD were amazing. There weren't any apparent loss of visuals. I would recommend this item...



1 thing though, the seller "Eforcity" has a thing for rapidly changing the price on this cable. I bought it for $1.92 a week ago, and as I write this review, the price is $11.48....that is not cool. So, keep that in mind as you buy it.



Overall, wonderful and effective item. Eforcity HDMI-F to DVI-M Video Adaptor with Gold Contacts

I purchased this converter so that I can hook up my desktop to my 47' Philips HDTV. It worked perfectly. I plugged it in and turned on my computer and that was it.



I would however have you verify that this is the product you actually need. Some computers may not actually have a DVI output but rather a VGA output. Make sure you are purchasing the right converter base on your computers capabilities.

This is a good DVI-to-HDMI converter that I'm currently using to connect a MacBook to a 720p HDTV through another adapter (mini-DVI-to-DVI). This adaptor suits that purpose well and displays the image as expected.



I was a bit concerned to see that one of the pins on the male DVI side was shorter than the others, but so far that doesn't seem to have caused any problems with the signal. Also, the physical connections on both the male DVI and female HDMI sides are very tight; I have to give an abnormal extra amount of force to join the adapter to my computer and my HDMI cable. I was initially worried that the extra force might cause some damage, but so far everything appears to be fine.



For the price, this adapter is an amazing deal. Although it doesn't seem to have been manufactured entirely correctly, this adapter does perform as expected and provides a great digital video signal.

I bought this mainly because of the cost and because I had a HDMI cable and not a HDMI-DVI cable in my stash. I thought that I'd try this before I went the other option. I have probably quite a unique use of it. I have an old plasma that doesn't have HDMI but is cable of providing 1080p via the VGA port. So I initially purchased a HDFury (which rocks) and only had a monster 8ft hdmi available so I thought I'd try this... In most cases it works great, however during quick action shots (sports + action films) I see the stuttering of pixels. I tried with and without it and got much better results without to be fair. That said my tests were not 100% conclusive but with what I had it did seem to point to the adapter. What I didn't do is test on a shorter than 16ft hdmi cable. I did read a few places that these adapters can act as a speed bump...



I'm sure I'll use it somewhere but for now the jury is out hence the 3/5.

There really isnt much to say about this product, it does what its supposed to do and at a great price. I got it a few days after ordering it, pulled it out its box, then removed it from its plastic bag and attached it to a hdmi cable. I hooked it up to my video card and then to my tv and it worked perfectly. Great product at an awesome price

I had been tired of playing my PS3 through analogue cables had an HDMI cable laying around but wasn't able to use it on my monitor because it was DVI only. I looked online at a few big electronic stores and they were charging anywhere from fifteen to thirty dollars- I really didn't want to spend that much. Hopped on here, saw the price and was highly suspicious at first, but after reading some reviews, I figured I could gamble the $.45 and S&H on it. I'm not disappointed. The adapter is not really low-profile, but more so than a lot of the others I have seen. It works flawlessly and I have noted no problems with it. You really can't go wrong with this.



I gave it five starts because there's nothing wrong with it. Yes, it does get a little claustrophobic around the back of my monitor, but that's not a fault of the products. I'd recommend this adapter to my own mother. Assuming she knows such a thing even exists and has a need for it...

Purpose:

Purchased this item along with the AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable (6.5 Feet/2.0 Meters)[Supports 3D + Audio Return Channel] to connect HDMI only monitor to DVI only graphics card.



Pros:

-Inexpensive

-Easy installation



Cons:

-Vertical gray bars appear in dark areas of screen



Conclusion:

This item did not provide adequate quality for my expectations. I purchased this item with the intent to remove the adapter once I upgraded to an HDMI only graphics card. However this item created gray lines in dark areas of the screen. I tried multiple cables and multiple connection scenarios to determine that it was indeed the adapter causing the problem. The item was so cheap that it didn't feel necessary to return it, especially since BargainCell doesn't refund shipping. I would suggest if you have a DVI only graphics card and an HDMI only monitor to go ahead and purchase the AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (9.8 Feet / 3.0 Meters) as I originally intended to do. Don't use adapters, especially this one. - Digital Cable - Hdmi - 1080p - Hdtv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information