Sunday 2 October 2011

Apple Ipad 2 - apple ipad 2, ipad


My husband and I both recently purchased the new ipad 2. We both wanted ours protected and quickly learned that the smart covers dont offer much protection. I ordered these screen protectors and am very pleased. They effectively block the glare and protect the screen. The size, shape, and cut-outs for camera and home button are perfect. I also appreciate that it comes in a pack of two and the cleaning cloth is very generous in size. Installation was simple and neither of us have bubbles. We are both very satisfied. Speck Products ShieldView Screen Protector for iPad 2 , Matte Finish, 2-Pack (SPK-A0326)

I seem to always need to use 2 of these just to get one on, but now I know a trick and want to share. First, the product is great and overall is the easiest to install. However it's a real pain to line up now that the iPad 2 has the camera. Here's how to do it easier.



First, clean the screen with something like iKlear and make sure there are no smudges or dust or anything. Next, get some scotch tape and tear off 2 small pieces. Put the tape on the "step 2" home button side with most of it hanging off. Line up both holes really good and then wrap the tape around the edge once your satisfied. If it moved, repeat the procedure till you're happy.



Now flip the sheet over so you can peel "step 1", but before you do, blow both the sheet and the screen with some canned air till you're sure there's nothing on them. Next, slowly peel the first tab (it's a little tight because the screen is taped, but it's worth it) and start to slowly press and peel like the regular directions. You can remove the tape at this point. Once you're done, get rid of any bubbles with a credit card and then peel the second tab off. Hopefully no dust got under it and it's perfect. If nothing else, it should be perfectly lined up.

I have lots of experience with screen protectors. I couldn't get the air bubbles out no matter what I did. It was hard to align the film with the ipad2 and get the camera holes in place. One film came with a a piece of dust on already on it. The film smudges and it's hard to get the smudges off. Have asked for a refund. The other reviewer seemed to have had much better luck, however.

All I have to say is wow! I have always purchased powersupport's films, but since their iPad films come in one packs and cost 29.99, I opted to purchase and try Speck's film. It is as good as power support in terms of quality yet it is almost half the price and it comes in a two pack. Please understand that this is an anti-glare film and adds a bit of graininess to screen but the benefitsbfar out weigh that. No glare, scratch proof, perfect!!!!!

A few weeks of using my iPad 2, the glare became a little too distracting. I do use the device for reading ebooks as well. I avoided those screen protectors where they require the use of a liquid to apply the film. After annoying and unsuccessful attempts at this with my smartphone this wasn't an option for my iPad.

The application process was simple, fast and clean. There were minor air bubbles on the edge that were easily pushed out by using a credit card. Aside from the easy installation which in itself was a nice surprise, the screen protector does work very well at reducing the glare. What I did not expect was the screen protector to make the experience of using the iPad more enjoyable. The screen is now more tactile and still just as responsive as it was without the protector. Another plus is my iPad doesn't look like a mess with fingerprints everywhere.

I highly recommend this to anyone that either wants to reduce glare on their iPad or give their iPad a cleaner look (without fingerprints). - Apple Ipad 2 - Ipad - Ipad 2 - Ipad 2 Cases'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Apple Ipad 2 - apple ipad 2, ipad ipad Apple Ipad 2 - apple ipad 2, ipad