Sunday 2 October 2011

Complete Crap - great family tent, big tent


Bought this tent for a two-week camping trip to Canada for two adults and two large dogs. We put a queen-size air mattress in one end of the tent and used the other side for luggage, dressing, storing chairs, etc. Dogs slept in the middle. Very comfortable, very good ventilation. Had plenty of room and privacy. Followed the directions and it was easy to set up. Door is fantastic - so much better than regular zip doors. It rained four days of our trip -- big downpours and very windy. As long as objects did not push up against the inside walls of the tent, then things stayed dry. This was the best purchase we made all summer and I can't wait to take it out next year! Coleman Montana 8 Tent

All I can say is "Wow"!



Cheaper than most family tents, but actually keeps the rain out. I'm 30 minutes north of Seattle. Just unpacked and put up the tent this morning as soon as it arrived during an hour no rain break, then it started pooring. Eight hours of rain and it's still bone dry inside out in my backyard. I can't believe a 450mm shell/tent can do that.



More than enough room for our whole family, me, wife, 13yr and 1yr old daughters. Two big foam beds and a play pen to boot. I searched reviews all over the net trying to find a decent family tent and hoped the reviews I read about his one were all true, and I am happy to say they are. Coleman F-N rox.



The rain fly that covers the outside of the door is part of the whole rain fly (all one piece), there is actually room for three chairs to stay dry under it (picture misleads that it is smaller). I was just out there smoking a cig thinking, America still has a few great companies left that mean well for their customers.



The floor is not cheap tub tarp, it's decent. But, I still got two 6 x 8 cheap carpets @ lowes. Lesson learned from years of camping if you want your tent to last.



The front door is pure genius. The zippers are re-inforced and glide like butter. But, if you don't want to add tons of wear on your zipper (and we all know a tent is useless when the door zipper breaks, unless of course it's a coleman with this design), just don't zip it, and let the hinge spring it lightly shut. And the factory well placed velcro hold it shut.



But wait! that's not all! LOL.. the windows tilt at an angle so no rain gets in while you hang in the rain. I was worried about the roof being open mesh, but unbelieveably, with NO TREATMENT, NO SEAM SEAL, STRAIGHT FROM THE FACTORY !!NO LEAKS!!. Yeah I am repeating myself, I am in awe.

This tent is large - but not too large... I have set it up in my yard to check it out and try it out. You'll need a campsite big enough to hold it - like it may not fit on an old school standard size 'tent pad', but it's not obnoxiously enormous at all... I wanted something new after my recent camping trip in my old walmart tent ended up with us in puddles. I saw 3 or 4 people in the campground with this tent and really liked it. I wish it had a room divider, but that's the only thing it's lacking. It's VERY easy to put up. I did it all by myself in about 15 minutes, the first time. I took it down by myself in about 5 minutes - and my first attempt at rolling it up, it fit perfectly back in the bag. I love the multiple power ports. Don't really understand the rear cooler access - I probably wont use it for that purpose, but it's nice to have some access ports for whatever reason you might wanna use it for! I love that it has windows even with the rainfly - that's a rare feature and I think it'll be awesome for ventilation. THere's a ton of space in there and I love the hinged door. Very happy with this purchase, and it's priced very well for it's quality and size!

I researched several tents and was looking for something to fit my family of 5, something that would not be too expensive, and nothing complicated to assemble. Based on the other reviews of this product I purchased the Coleman Montana 8 tent and was very pleased. The tent shipped in a timely manner and arrived unscathed. I decided to assemble it in my back yard prior to taking it camping just so I was familiar with the process and was glad I did. The tent is not overly complicated but the first time I assembled it took my wife and I about 25-30 minutes to figure things out. The second time we assembled it we had the whole thing up, staked and the rain shield on in 15-20 minutes, this was done in 20 mph winds. It was windy the whole weekend and the tent held up exceptionally well and provided good shelter from the wind. The tent has plenty of room for two queen air mattresses and one full air mattress. This made camping comfy. I like the door and the electrical portals are usefull. The only gripes I have is the stakes are flimsy at best, invest in some quality stakes. Come on Coleman, your still putting these lousy thin stakes with your great products? The other gripe I have is the gear bag it comes in needs to be a bit bigger. You can get everything back into the bag but it will take allot of coaxing. I recommend this product to anyone who is looking for quality, value, and ease of setup. - Large Tent - Big Tent - Camping - Great Family Tent'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information