Sunday 2 October 2011

Noise Reducing - earbud, comfortable


I bought these Earbuds for my husband to use with a new iPod Touch we gave him for his birthday. He loved the iPod but HATED the earbuds that came with it. He had a hard time fitting those into his ear and still maintaining maximum sound. The earbuds fell out of his ears when he was walking or doing things around the house. He was frustrated with the entire situation.



I wasn't sure exactly what this product would be like or if it would work when I ordered it, so I awaited their delivery a little anxiously. Once they arrived and my husband tried them, he was immediately hooked. Now I can't get him to take them out of his ears! He is listening to music, watching videos, etc., nearly constantly. He told me it was easy to fit the pieces that customized them to his ear. In addition, he has some degree of hearing loss and he told me that these earbuds gave him full, rich sound that was amazing. I listened myself and am very impressed. Much, much better than the standard earbuds. They work great when he uses his iPod to call me from overseas. The clarity for him is awesome. They do a great job of blocking out sound on the airplane as well when he just wants to enjoy his music or whatever.



Finding these earbuds for him was just what was needed to make him happy! I can highly recommend them! GOgroove audiOHM Ergonomic Earbuds with Interchangeable Noise-Reduction Silicone Ear Pieces

Let me just say that for the price they are great. They have the multiple tips that you could change out for a better fit...the new angle they use fit very well...the sound and noise cancelling I thought worked very well. My only complaint would be that the bass is not very heavily felt when listening to bass heavy music...but most earbuds I've used have the same issues...or if on other sets the bass does come through its distorted anyway. I'd give these a solid 90% overall...

For the price of these headphones you really can't go wrong. I purchased this product to replace the crappy set that came with the iPod. I still find it strange the iPod comes with such cheap and weak-sounding headgear when you can get 5x the sound for around $10. As long as you keep in mind these are *not* high-end speakers you should be very pleased with this product. These earbuds are comfortable and do a decent job blocking out some of the ambient noise. Also keep in mind these are *not* noise-cancelling, but the in-ear nature of these earplugs will help to some degree. The package comes with 3 additional sets of rubber cups (small / medium / large) that you can place over the speaker prong. For me, the medium size fits best - and may be the size that came installed. With these interchangeable pads you can find the right pair that's best suited for noise reduction and comfort.



As with any headphones of this type, you will need to fiddle around to get the optimal sound. The deeper you insert them, the more noise cancellation you get. However, the bass can sound muddy. Slightly pull them out and you have cleaner bass & highs (my preference), but at the cost of losing a tiny amount of noise reduction. Slightly pull them out even more and you have almost no noise reduction, no bass at all, and the weakest sound. Even though I found the highs to be a little cleaner, I do not recommend pulling them out this far. We are talking subtle moves here, but if you are familiar with this type of headset you will understand the nuance to getting the best balance of highs, lows, and noise cancellation. I think the angled speaker tips are an improvement to previous designs as it fits into the ear better.



I purchased these to use while working out at the gym and to have some entertainment while mowing the lawn and doing other household projects. For this purpose, they are EXCELLENT headphones at a great value. I own a pair of Sennheisers (HD580) that cost around $350 ten years ago. Obviously those are the puppies I use when I want to give music a serious listen. I would never pay more than $30 for this type of headgear. What's the use of hi-fi when you are dealing with considerable levels of ambient noise? Secondly, these types of headphones are easier to misplace or break. For $10-$15, it will not hurt the pocketbook to find a replacement. I imagine these earbuds to be of similar quality to Skullcandy, JLab (JBud), JVC, as well as other brands priced a little higher. They are comfortable enough where they can be worn for an hour or two without much discomfort. If quality sound is what you seek, there are better options out there. Common sense should dictate you will not get super high quality for this price range, but these really do sound surprisingly good!



I highly recommend these and feel everyone should do themselves a favor and check these out. The reason why I rated this product 4 stars instead of 5 is because the price went up to $15.00. At $10 a 5 star rating is a no-brainer. - Earbuds - Comfortable - Earbud - Noise Reducing'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information