Sunday 2 October 2011

Auto Car Automobile Ac Power Inverter


I purchased this unit to provide AC power for my computer and recharge my cell phones while on long cross-country trips. The unit has worked perfectly and provided reliable power for my equipment despite some rough highways and temperatures that ranged from the low teens to well over 100 degrees F. The unit has two USB ports whose power many cell phones will accept and two AC plugs for those that will not. I found that a 150 Watt inverter that I had picked up on special a few years ago was fine for one device, but would overload on two. The 400W inverter handles the 10W iPad charger or Dell laptop power block as well as two cell phones simultaneously. I stow the inverter under the passenger seat which also mitigates the noise from the fan, but you must periodically check the red and black nuts for the DC power terminal as they will loosen over time and bumpy roads. The unit has been reliable now over 16,000 miles and still going strong. Wagan 2003-6 400-Watt DC to AC Continuous Power Inverter with Two USB Ports

I bought this for a road trip across the country. Didn't really have much time to shop around. It's a solid piece and offers more than most of the power inverters in the price range (at least to my limited view). Well powered USB inputs. One thing to note however is that this inverter is LOUD. Not bad if you're traveling at 65 MPH down the highway with the music blasting and the windows down, but louder than you'd prefer for simple "parked" applications.



Good piece and I'm pleased with the performance, but if you need something quiet shop around.

This is my first power inverter I've purchased. I did however know what to expect from friends and family that have these. This inverter is one of the best built I've seen. The fan being a little loud is just the inverter keeping cool. A little fan noise should make you feel comfortable that this thing will not overheat. So far I've used it to recharge flashlights, 18 and 7.2 volt DeWalt batteries, and NiMH rechargeable AA and AAA's. It has done a fine job at everything I've put to it. It does not run hot, I'm sure cause of the awesome fan it has. And all the charges have been well within the normal charge time as opposed to me having the chargers plugged into the wall at the house. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone that needs the power while on the road.

I hunted around for an inverter for quite some time and finally found this Wagan 400 Watt w/USB ports. It worked flawlessly for a 20 hr trip and never heated up at all (probably due to the powerful but noisy fan). If you can put it on the floor of the vehicle (or under a seat) it dampens the noise considerably. Other than the noise I love this unit.

I gave this product 3 stars because it didn't come with an adapter for the cigarette lighter. It would've helped to include that with the description. I wanted more power available for plugging in items in the car. I returned this to Amazon for a refund.



Apparently, 400 watts is the max for a car to supply. I have the 400 watt inverter and it works well.

Been using it for 2 months now. Works as it is supposed to. I mostly use it for charging electronics, although my husband used it for more powerful purposes on a camping trip. This is louder than my old one, but it is worth it.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information