Saturday 1 October 2011

Western Digital - 640gb, element


This is a case that will protect your valuable hard drive when toting it around. Well constructed and much better than cases sometimes supplied with hard drive purchases. The price is very reasonable too. The inside of the case has a non- abrasive lining and has a storage area for a usb cable. If you carry your portable hard drive around much, especially through airports, this is excellent protection that won't let you down. CaseCrown Hard Case (Black) for 2.5" Hard Disk Case

I bought this case together with a Seagate 1TB portable driver together with this , as suggested by Amazon during checkout. I absolutely love the case. It is sturdy, hard outer case with soft padding inside, fits my drive perfectly, and provides good protection against impact and dirt. One compartment straps the hard drive, while the other has enough room for the usb cable as well as other small items. I also love the design of the product. It was worth the price I paid for. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a nice hard drive case.

Bought it as a protection for my backup disk because I'm traveling a lot. So far it does a good job and I don't have to worry about my drive get broken by my stuff. Highly recommended for those who want to protect their portable hard disks.

I bought this case specifically for my - Western Digital My Passport Essential SE 1 TB USB 3.0/2.0 Ultra Portable External Hard Drive, but I imagine it would fit all 2.5" external HDD.

The case's outer shell feels like a ballistic/nylon blend and I would feel very confident with school books or my laptop smashing it.



Solid construction w/ double zippers.



I spent 3 days scouring amazon's hard cases and for the price/prime/quality shipping, it couldn't be beat.

I brought this to carry my Macally Hi-Speed FireWire/USB 2.0 Storage Enclosure for 2.5-Inch SATA Hard Disk PHR-S250UAB (Silver) external drive. The case seems to be well made with good quality materials and a sturdy zipper. The drive enclosure fits perfect on one side of the case with two elastic straps to hold it in. On the other side of the centre partition is a small elasticised netting to hold the cables. With the Firewie 800 and two USB cables (data and power) that come with the drive in the case it is a bit of a tight fit but ok. The issue would be fixed with a shorter Firewire cable or if you only wanted to carry Firewire or USB not both. I like the fact that the case is more of a "hard" case, which just makes me a bit more comfortable as I travel a lot and want my drive well protected.

I got the red version of this case and was sold by the flap in the middle between the 2 sides. I have a WD Elements 320 drive. I wanted a hard case because I travel a lot, and this sucker would probably just be banged around in my backpack. This case is bulkier than the WD hard case, but I felt the WD case was just a bit too slim. If this case were slightly thinner and slimmer, it would be perfect! - Element - 640gb - Great Design - Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information