Saturday 1 October 2011

Kick Scooters - kick scooters, scooters


Short and sweet, it's all in the title.



Opening the pretty small box, I was surprised how compact it was. In just a few minutes I was able to put it together. My 4 year old can ride it fine, but there was a learning curve. When he kicks, because it's a three wheel, the back wheel is a little in the way. But he started using a little wider stance, and life was good. Huffy Disney Cars Scooter, Red/Black, 6-Inch

My son received this scooter for Christmas and loves it. It is very sturdy, easy to put together, and very easy for him to ride. He immediately got on it and took off. It is by far his favorite toy! Definitely would recommend.

We bought this for our son's 5th birthday and he LOVES it! Very well made. My only complaint is that the car pack that attaches to the scooter is not made well and has ripped at the site of the velcro which holds it to the scooter. We reinforced with some string and seems to be fine. We have had that problem before with those type of packs on bicycles. All that aside, I would still buy this product again. Our son loves riding it.

Our first Cars Scooter arrived just before Christmas. When I pulled the frame out of the box, I could see that the head tube had been welded on crooked. So crooked in fact, that with the handle bars attached, the scooter would fall to the right with very little help. A right turn would have been impossible.



As always, Amazon's exchange service was exceptional, and we received a new scooter quickly.



The new scooter was much better. Still, it was obvious that the people welding these units together are not using a jig, but rather, welding them together by hand alone. Lets face it though, you get what you pay for, and although this thing is cheap, it will see the same use as the $200 alternative Cars Scooter also available on Amazon.



My son really enjoys it, but as another reviewer pointed out, there is a learning curve. The two wheels in back design is not well thought out for a 3-4 year old. Their foot will hit the rear wheel until they learn to kick to the side. It also makes the steering less stable than the two wheels up front models.



My son is happy with this scooter, and that's what matters. He would probably give it a five star review, just like he'd give all his toys five star reviews. I'm giving it 3.5 stars from an adult's perspective. If I had to make the decision again, I think I'd purchase a scooter with two wheels up front. However, I don't think there's anything comparable in this price range.

She bought it for him because he is a huge cars fan. He likes it, but it came with some faults. Some of these include an issue with the handlebars, not sure if it's on crooked or one side is weighted more than the other. That's about it in terms of complaints, if this was good, I'd give it a 4 out of five, but for now, 3. - Three-wheeled Scooters - Scooters - Kick Scooters - Scooter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information