Saturday 1 October 2011

42 Inch


I must preface my review by saying I didn't buy the LG 450 online, I bought it at a big box store because they had a better price:



I wanted an inexpensive TV for the bedroom and the LG 450 is a good choice, the picture quality is very good for it's price. I didn't need 120Hz so I saved $150 by buying the 60Hz model. All LG TV's have Expert ISF Settings so you can have it professionally calibrated or do it yourself, it even has a built-in blue filter. The ATSC tuner is very powerful because I get all the local stations OTA with an indoor antenna. This model is not internet enabled so you need a set top box to get Netflix, etc. A word of caution though: when I got it home and calibrated the picture it still didn't look great, it takes about 12 hours of viewing for the display to "break-in". After watching the TV for a few days now the picture has improved dramatically. As with all TV's the sound isn't great but it does have bass and treble controls. The USB port supports: JPG, MP3, MPG, WMV, MP4. The manual states other video formats are supported but they wouldn't work on my TV.



Inputs:

HDMI(3)

VGA(1)

USB(1)

Component(2)

Composite



Outputs:

3.5mm headphone

Toslink optical



I and most experts recommend these basic settings(YMMV):

1. Turn off Dynamic Contrast.

2. Turn off Auto Energy Saving.

3. Turn on Cinema Mode, if your Blu-ray player supports 24p then turn that on as well.

4. Select Just Scan. LG 42LK450 42-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV

I am so pleased with my purchase. This TV has great picture & sound. The menu is almost idoit proof! My husband and I like different settings when watching tv so changing options frequently has become so easy with this tv. We never found a better price for this model! I would highly recommend.

Just unboxed this TV and have been setting it up. The picture calibration tool is fairly nice, and so far things look good on the display.



The back panel connectors seem a bit cheap though in the sense that they're not mounted very firmly to the chassis. When I plugged in an HDMI cable, the whole connector board flexed a bit, though not enough to push the connectors all the way in to the chassis. Given that connector changes aren't very frequent, this probably isn't a big deal, but they could have used a few more screws and mounting stands to hold this important bit of the board to the back cover.



Overall, the TV is very light, which is nice now that I have to move it around and put it into my entertainment center. Looking forward to seeing how Blu-Ray movies look on this thing...

This HDTV was a great price and I give it Thumbs UP!!! It has excellent color, easy to setup and it has a great sound. This TV size fits perfectly in my bedroom.

I first purchased another popular brand Vizio 32" LED and it was not heavy to lift, it only weight about 4 or 5 lbs., but I was very unhappy with it. Maybe the one I received was defective, but I had to return it because the color looked faded on all channels and sound was terrible. The sound, sounded like you were in a tunnel.

I ordered the LG 32LK450 HDTV online and received Free Shipping for this particular model, which I had no idea that it would be FedEX overnight from the company I ordered it from. That was a plus for me, because my old TV died and I needed a new one right away. I'm very happy that I decided on LG 32LK450 model, after researching the Internet for reviews, and it showed good ratings. I did know that LG made great cell phones, but had no idea that their HDTV's were this good. LG gave me great customer service when I had some questions about the setup. I will be purchasing another LG HDTV for my 2nd bedroom in the near future.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


42 Inch 42 Inch 42 Inch