Tuesday 4 October 2011

Polycarbonate - polycarbonate, slim case


This feels really great in your hand, the texture is perfect. All relevant controls are still easily accessible. It doesn't really cover the top (power button) or bottom of the device (docking area), but this will certainly help to a degree but unlikely to save the day if you dropped this on concrete. The fact that it is made of polycarbonate though, known for its supple yet high impact absorptive qualities, is somewhat reassuring. But for a slim-fitting case that provides basic protection against scuffs and scrapes, etc. plus a better grip over the iPhone's glossy back, this is great. I ordered a screen protector as well which I highly recommend - my last phones screen was scratched by some keys in my pocket. CaseCrown iPhone 3G 3GS Soft Polycarbonate Slim-Fit Case (Black)

So you need a bit of protection for your 3G? This one fits the bill. For around $10 you can't go wrong. On top of a slim, sleak fit that will not fall off or slip around it was shipped and received by me in 3 days. Almost instant gratification. Only caution I have is don't be fooled by the word "soft" in the description. Silicone is soft, this is not although it does have a bit of a non-slip feel. It does make the phone easier to hold and I am sure it will add more slip resistance capabilites when you leave the phone on your dashboard or any other flat surface. The best part of this case is that the designer took into account all of the buttons, toggles and switches on the phone including the camera lens so all of these are adequately exposed and ready for easy use. The fit is superb and the slim design does not detract from the lines of the phone at all. As you may have read in other reviews the only issue is the interference with a screen protector. Due to the tight fit and the way it wraps around the face of the phone it does curl the sides of the screen protector slightly causing air bubbles to appear but this is easily remedied by a simple trim of each side of the screen protector. No more than 1/32" from each side will do. I used a paper cutter to get a good straight cut. If you want to protect your iPhone but retain the sleek look and feel and fit into a holster, this is the one for you.

I got this case for $4.21 (+ $4.99 for shipping) and believe me this case is one of the best I have seen. I have seen cases similar to this selling for more than $20-$30 in kiosks and stores.



- Doesn't adds to the bulk of the phone (light weight)

- Perfect fit

- Nice to touch and feel

- Display apple logo at the back



I had a screen protector on my iphone and yes after putting this cover on it did put some air bubbles but you can easily sand off the edges of this cover using a small knife without destroying the looks of the cover.

I dont recommend this one at all.



I use it, but thats only because it has already scratched the back of my iPhone a bit. It wont do any further damage.



So, once you put it on, it feels nice on the iPhone, so it got 2 stars.



It didnt get 5 stars because

a) Its hard to take it out

b) When you take it out, you will notice, scratches on the edges. That's because material is hard (feels like solid plastic)



I prefer something thats more gentle on your iPhone and doesnt scratch it. While purpose of this for me was:

1) Protect iPhone from scratches

2) Provide a better grip



It failed in 1) but passed in 2)



I only use it now because it cannot do further damage. I wouldn't use it if I bought another iPhone.

The case fit the phone like a glove, but the sharp edges pushed up my screen protector and created air bubbles. I ordered one for my girlfriend and one for myself and it happend on both of our phones. If you don't plan on using a screen protector this is a great case. If you do use a screen protector you might want to look for a different case.

Bought this case a few months back. Cleaned my phone before installation. Really liked the case, seemed to fit well etc.

I recently removed the case to check and clean out anything that may have gotten between the case and the phone. To my surprise, the case had completely mauled the back of the phone and chrome sides of the phone. I had not noticed before I put the case on but there are two seems running down the inside of the case, these left scratches the length of the phone on the back.



I would have been just as well off not to have had a case at all, maybe better off.

I received this today and was highly disappointed in the quality.

First of all it shows up in a cheap poly bag with no manufacturer info, no advertising, only a computer generated sticker with a description and barcode (and no Amazon packing slip in the box). My first thought was it looks like something I'd pick up from the dollar store, or a knock-off item.

Secondly - the case offers little protection other than scratch protection on the backside. The corners aren't covered and I don't feel this phone would offer any benefits in a fall/drop -

It is fashionable & light-weight, but I"m looking for something to protect my investment, not match my outfit- it's an overpriced accessory. This is going back. - Iphone 3g Accessories - Polycarbonate - Iphone Case - Slim Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information