Tuesday 4 October 2011

Monitor Cable - vga cable, vga


Like I write in the title I use this from my laptop to 32" LCD TV! Only reason to do so is to play Netflix instant movies from the "net" without having to watch them on the laptop's 15" screen! At 10' I can pretty much place the laptop anywhere I choose.

You'll need a 3.5 stereo audio cable to tranfer the sound. It plugs into the earphone jack on the laptop.



You could just as easily do the same thing with your desktop PC to your LCD TV, so long as you have the connectors match up.



Lastly, it is a way to use your TV as a monitor, whether or not you play movies. Cables To Go - 28012 - 10ft Pro Series HD15 M/M SVGA Monitor Cable with Ferrites (Black)

Recently moved some things around in my home office...including my PC which meant my 6' monitor cable that came with it was too short...rather than use an extension cable because I've heard they are not as good as an option due to loss of signal strength etc., I opted for this as a replacement cable. I looked at several others in the 10 foot range...read somewhere over 12 feet and you start to lose signal strength and I just needed a couple more feet. The others I looked at...a Belkin for over $20.00, and another for $4 bucks and change...neither had Ferrites and this one did for around $8. Tiger Direct sent it so fast I almost found it on my door step after I hit Place Order on Amazon.com...very nice. I have a big 21" Nokia 445PRO from a long time ago...and this cable give me a nicer picture than the original cable that came with the monitor...no Ferrites there on the original either. Anyway...quality product...great seller.

It works, it connects laptop to flatscreen tv and a projector (not at the same time!). Image quality looks good to me. I see no fault.



If you're wondering - YES you do need a separate audio jack cable to connect the sound output from a laptop to your tv.

Thanks for the excellent cable! I used this cable to connect my laptop to JVC 1080p HD TV (video only, no sound. This cable means to connect to TV as monitor). The display on my TV is much better than my LCD laptop display. The cabe is really thick but very soft and flex so it can turn conners.

Note everybody that the cable is not SVGA but it is UVGA that is the highest quality available and supports HD 1080p. You can check that from the vendor's web. The price is cheap. I saw an SVGA cable in one local store for >$50! So go for it. Now I can use my 40" digital TV as a huge monitor!

Was looking for a way to get Netflix Instant Movies to my LCD TV. The LCD has many different connectors, one being a VGA. Tried and older cable, but it was missing some pins and the image was not crisp. My laptop has WiFi and has bandwidth for movie. Got this cable and everything worked great. Had to reconfigure the display driver from 1200X800 to 1360X768 and it worked like a charm.

I'm getting beautiful 1920x1080 on my LCD TV from my computer with this cable. However, I think I should have gotten the shorter length, this length was to reach the coffee table, now I think it's better to have the computer near the TV, and use a wireless media center keyboard instead.

I ordered a cable so that I could hook my computer to my TV. The cable came quickly and worked well for a time. After a few days the cable stopped working. I contacted the company and they replaced the broken cable with no questions asked. It's good to deal with a company that cares about the satisfaction of their customers.

This was a great buy. A friend of mine purchased it and he loves it as well. Some complain about a missing pin, who cares? It will work perfectly for hooking your computer/laptop up to your HDTV (if it has the right port available). - Vga - Vga Cable - Cable - Pc To Tv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information