Tuesday 4 October 2011

Lens Accessory - camera accessories, digital rebel


I keep losing my lens caps and bought 2 of these - they are exactly the same as my original lens cap that came with my Canon Rebel. I'm very happy with this purchase and I'm sure I will be buying more of these. Canon E58 Snap-on Lens Cap

This is exactly what I needed. It is the OEM lens cap for my Canon Rebel XTi. It actually appears to stay on better than the original. I would have given it an extra star if the good people at Canon would create a tether to attach to the camera body. The after market tethers have mixed reviews -- so I am not sure I will be buying one of those. I will try my best to hang on to this one.

Lens caps were not OEM,although Amazon display implies that they were. Although they do fit the lens, they are even more easily dislodged than the already substandard OEM E85 lens caps, which is a low hurdle indeed! Only positive comment is that the replacement price better matches the poor quality of the replacement compared to the(Canon's) very over-priced originals (by a factor of 2.5X) Even with care bordering on the paranoid , I have managed to have 3 caps lost with only weekend usage over an 8 month period.(And, that refers to the original poorly designed Canon caps. Don't expect much protection from these replacements either)



FOLLOW-UP: I was immediately contacted by the vendor( fivestarexperience) after this negative review with an offered postage-paid refund for the items if returned , or simple credit for order minus S/H. This is a very inexpensive product, not worth the trouble to do either. But the offer did change my opinion/estimation of the vendor! Thank You.! I'd recommend the vendor and would use again. My review of all E58 lens caps and pricing is rather "glum", however.



This is a complex evaluation that mixes both product quality as advertised and vendor...so draw your own conclusion: Product - , Vendor ++ . - Lens Accessory - Canon - Digital Rebel - Camera Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information