Tuesday 4 October 2011

Flashlight - 18v, lithium-ion


The BML185W is a newer version of the blue BML185 and takes both 1.5Ah and 3.0Ah batteries. When used with the 1.5Ah batteries, this is very light and powerful flashlight. The on/off switch also works well. If you are looking for an 18V LXT flashlight, get this one if you want to use 1.5Ah batteries. Makita BML185W 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Flashlight

I received the Makita light weight 18V drill free when I purchased a Makita 12inch sliding compound miter saw a few months ago. I am really impressed with the light weight and power the drill has, so I wanted a portable worklight to go with. I ordered this one and it is just like the drill, very light weight and powerful. You won't be dissapointed.

Pros; Great flashlight, that I have been using frequently for 3 months. It seems more rugged than the previous "green" 12V light. It has a rubber-like overmold that improves grip, feel, and impact resistance. The pivot is more solid than on the 12v light which also adds to its more durable feel. The lithium battery is much lighter and recharges quickly. The charge lasts for more hours of use partially due to the way the light operates as it runs out of charge. The light doesn't get dim when the battery is low, but shuts off about 3 seconds after you turn it on. You can still finish the job, but you know you need to get a charged battery.



Cons: None so far

It's bigger than I expected, build quality not a nice as the current 18V LXT drills, but hey....it's a flashlight. When the battery gets low, it just shuts off instead of normal, lights fading to dim. I was actually expecting something more from Makita with the product as it's not the brightest either. I've used similar products from Dewalt, Ryobi, older 9V Makita, and none are perfect.



Just don't expect to much and you'll really like this light. I've recently switched from all Dewalt tools to Makita 18V LXT and I'm happy overall. It's worth having matching equipment with a single charger / battery setup than multiple tools and chargers to tote around.

I have the White and Blue LXT 18v drills and the Blue flashlight and was tricked into thinking I needed this White version of the LXT 18V flashlight because the White LXT batteries do not fit the Blue LXT style flashlights or drills etc. But upon receiving the new White flashlight it was quite clear that the Whites and the Blues are identical even the part numbers what Makita had done to prevent using White batteries on Blue tools was to place a plastic stop tab in the sliding groove of their tools, a sharp utility knife took care of it and now I can use any battery on which ever tool I desire. I think that was low down of Makita to pull a stunt like that to boost sales that is why I am giving it one star. PS I guess this method will work on any of their accessories ie Radios, etc.

just a flashlight???? not in the least. we had a power outage here a few weeks ago. we were having a sleepover with our 6 year old grandson. lots of movies were planned and games. wel... black out!! it lasted for over 6 hours but with this lite we were able to navigate and get our generator turned on so we had our movies, andwere able to find the switches to give us power. we were able to check our battery operated sump pump and manuever through our home. very very great product. every home should have one. good price and very happy with it over all.

This is a great light. It is very bright and has a useful range out to 20' or so. Just like the other Makita LXT tools, it has a very comfortable grip and is well balanced. I gave it four stars only because it is nearly $50. I think this is just a bit too much. The tool is excellent and it fits my batteries. This is why I bought it, but I had to pause and think about it because of the price. - Makita - Lithium-ion - 18v - 18 Volt'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Flashlight - 18v, lithium-ion makita Flashlight - 18v, lithium-ion