Tuesday 4 October 2011

Cuisinart Gr-4 Griddler - kitchen gadgets, electric grill


This is, in my opinion, the best of the George Foreman grills.



It functions perfectly. The removable plates lock into place fairly well and do not slide around very much. It is incredibly easy to clean even without removing the plates.



The adjustable temperature and timers make cooking a lot easier when you don't have to guess at the actual temperature, like you do with so many of the other George Foreman grills.



It is sturdy, well built, and is designed to last. It fits easily onto a countertop, and I have had no problems with it whatsoever.



The one quibble I have is that the Bistro Grill does not actually shut off after it has been turned on for use, even if you press the power button again. You have to unplug it to get it to stop heating, and this is apparently by design according to the manual. This is counter-intuitive, and definitely not the way it should work. Pressing the power button should be a toggle. Press once, it turns on. Press a second time, it should turn *off*.

I bought this grill as a replacement for a "Ready-Set-Go" that was a piece of junk that fell apart after only a couple of uses. I really liked having a counter-top grill though, so i thought I'd give this Foreman a try! WoW! Am I glad I did! Grilled some Maple/Dijon/BBQ Glazed Salmon the first night, and it came out better than when I use my professional outdoor grill. I love the interchangable grill, deepdish, and muffin grill plates. The kids loved the deep dish pizza too! Now, if I can get George to offer an omlet and tiny muffins plate like I had with the "Ready-set-Go" this thing would be perfect. It's easy to use, quick and easy to clean with the removable plates, and versatile. Bottom line: buy it! ...and enjoy!

This grill is quick and versatile. Temperature and time controls are very simple. All grilling/baking plates are very easy to remove and pop in the dishwasher. Thus no greasy cleanup after burgers, etc. At this price a more complete cookbook should be included, since cooking is done on both sides and cooking time is much shorter than other methods.

This has been a great tool for me. I still prefer using a flame grill but when time or weather doesn't allow for it (which is quite often) this is a great alternative. I have used it to cook chicken, fish, steak, burgers, turkey breast (both ground in the deep dish attachment and fillet on the grill attachment) and have baked muffins in the muffin attachment. I have been pleased with the results of all items cooked except for the steaks. It may just be me needing to get the cooking method down but my steaks are only OK when using this. I am going to be purchasing a couple of the attachments soon so I can have waffles and mini burgers. Overall I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend it.

Ok, so after some extensive research I bought this a couple months ago. Overall I'm a big fan. I love cooking and this baby makes some things so much simpler. You all know what the deal is with what it can and cannot do, but here's my take on it.



Pros,

-Large area, able to cook for several people at once

-Temperature control and timer a big plus, and an improvement over the last model I had (I forget which it was)

-Tiltable for easy cooking of steaks and other things that should not have runoff.

-INTERCHANGABLE PLATES makes cleaning so much easier.



Cons,

-Really short power cord is just aggravating

-THIS MODEL DOES NOT SUPPORT THE WAFFLE IRON PLATES, which I find ridiculous. I bought it with the expectation that I could buy the waffle plates afterwards, especially because they are both 84sq inch models. I want waffles!

The GRP4EMB George Foreman Grill with the deep bake pan and interchangeable grill plates has become the second most used appliance on my counter, after the microwave. I'd done on-line research to find a reliable product that would have the functionality of cookers with removable upper and lower grills similar to what are advertised on TV, but which would be well-made and reliable. This item seemed like the best thing out there, but it was new and there weren't many reviews available. I took a chance on it because the George Foreman name implies a level of quality. I've had this thing for about three months now and it's great. I cook with it almost every day, and sometimes several times a day.



The waffle plates were not included, and I bought them separately from Amazon. Contrary to what another reviewer said, they fit fine. You have to make sure you get the waffle plates that go with this model.



The deep dish baker is superior to a toaster oven because you can bake items in sauce. For example, you can make a small lasagna that feeds two in less than half an hour by using two layers of the no-boil type lasagna pasta and adding a large can of tomato sauce for moisture and whatever filling you want. I also use the deep dish pan to bake olive oil drizzled broccoli or asparagus, Rachel Ray style. The deep dish does a good job baking frozen biscuits (8 at a time), and other frozen convenience items like fish sticks and chicken strips.



The coating on the grills is the usual George Foreman hard non-stick metal type, and stands up well to repeated washing.



My only complaint (and this is minor) is that the cook time only goes up to 20 minutes. I sometimes have to keep an eye on the timer and add additional minutes before the cook time is up. - Kitchen Gadgets - Electric Grill - George Foreman Grill - Easy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information