Tuesday 4 October 2011

Household Supplies - irobot, battery


I bought this battery for my Scooba after the warranty expired, because I figured that it would probably invalidate the warranty. This battery works as advertised.



I have only one issue -- it doesn't seat quite as well as the original battery, and it might be very slighty larger. Be extra careful when you install it. I wasn't, and the battery got stuck in the Scooba tank; it was hard to open the Scooba and get it straightened out. But no problems since then. Tenergy Replacement Battery for iRobot Scooba 5900

Bought one of these back in October. Charged it when I got the battery, and it worked fine. Then the Scooba was parked for several months with the battery removed. Started using the Scooba again a month ago. Everything fine. Used Scooba 3 times, Now the battery will not charge. Only 6 month warranty on Battery. I will buy my next one from iRobot. Learned my lesson. Oh and the battery does not want to stay snapped in either. You can also tell it is lower quality than iRobot's battery. The battery contacts are flimsy etc..

Like another reviewer, I cannot get this battery to properly fit into my Scooba. I have been able to get it in, but every time I open the lid, the battery sticks in the lid rather than staying in its place, or the lid of the Scooba doesn't snap down properly, which causes the water not to be sucked back up into the dirty tank. It's probably only 1/16" wrong-sized, but that's enough. I am trying to get Tenergy to take it back.

The first time that I needed a replacement battery for my Scooba, I bought it from Amazon from the people that sell a "cerified Scooba battery." When I got that one, it went dead in a matter of weeks. I complained to that company and they said that they hadn't had any complaints from anyone but me. They wouldn't do anything else to help me. I then bought this replacement battery and I have had it ever since. It works great! Just the way it should and it is almost half the price!

I've used this battery for a few weeks. It is every bit as effective as the OEM battery, and then some. The OEM battery would last two tanks, and this replacement lasts slightly more than two tanks. It's less than half the cost of buying a replacement directly from irobot, so it's a good deal if you need a battery for your Scooba 5900. - Scooba Battery - Irobot - Roomba - Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information