Tuesday 4 October 2011

Lighted Magnifier Floor Lamp - floor lamps, lighted magnifier floor lamp


I love my lamp. There is one improvement that could be made and that is the ability to shorten the lamp when it is a floor lamp. I am short and sit in short chairs and are unable use the magnifier because it does not go low enough for me. OttLite(R) High Definition 3-in-1 Craft Lamp

My wife is a doll artist and does a lot of extremely detailed work on making what are referred to as reborn dolls. In addition she does a lot of work on doll clothes. She began suffering eye strain from our normal lighting and decided to get an Ottlite floor lamp. We looked at one in a craft store and the price was just ridiculous. So we went to Amazon and found this same model at nearly half the price.



The lamp furnishes a bright "daylight" type of light and increases the vision ability markedly. I'm 74 and, believe me, I can read even really small print under this thing. The two "arms" are almost useless for my needs and I don't notice my wife using them either. My wife is very satisfied with the bright clear light and says it aids her work considerably.



I would view the stand as ugly and out of place in our living room and we have no other place to use it. I would regard the lamp as overpriced, even with the much lower online price. Before you buy, you might check out the cost of replacement bulbs as they can be breathtakingly expensive and one of ours didn't last even a fraction of the expected lifetime.



Gary Peterson

I was very surprised to find that the Lamp ships with parts to make it a desk lamp, a clam-on lamp or a floor lamp. The lamp in general is very high quality and confirms what I have always said, it's not my bad eyesight, it is bad light :) I can actually read fine print better without reading glasses under this light."

This lamp is a complete waste of money. I bought it precisely so that I could use the magnifier plus lamp for quilting. Although the light itself is somewhat height adjustable, the arms with the magnifier and clip are not. The magnifier is consequently completely useless unless you happen to be very tall or sit on a high chair. I was very disappointed - the rimless magnifier is a wonderful idea, but is completely unusable because of the design. - Ott-lite - Lamp - Floor Lamps - Lighted Magnifier Floor Lamp'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Lighted Magnifier Floor Lamp - floor lamps, lighted magnifier floor lamp lighted magnifier floor lamp Lighted Magnifier Floor Lamp - floor lamps, lighted magnifier floor lamp