Thursday 4 August 2011

Step Workout - the step, step platforms


There's really not a whole lot to say about this product since it's pretty obvious what it is & people getting it know how to use it. The only thing I want to let people know is that this is not 14 inches in height as Amazon says it is. It is 12 inches. You'll need to order extra risers if you want more height. I knew it was only 12 inches when I ordered it, so it wasn't a surprise to me. There might be others, though, who want a high step & might think this comes with enough risers for 14 inches in height, but that is not the case. It is only 12 inches in height total. The High-Step Club

I can confirm that the four blocks here are the same as the ones on the longer F1011W Step, and work just fine with it, giving you four blocks per side if you need or want the extra height on the F1011W. And--as of the date of this review--it's less expensive than buying two pairs of the black blocks separately, and you get the top 'step' as a bonus.

I weigh less than 200 pounds and the 1st day I used it, I almost fell on my butt doing single leg calf raises. What basically happened was, I was standing on the very edge, when all of a sudden the top riser flipped upwards, sending me flying off of it. You have to make sure to put your weigh in the middle of the step. I now have to be very careful when doing calf raises on it.



Otherwise it is ok - compact, light and convenient.

My transfirmer is much sturdier and I highly recommend it over this. It is not very stable. I know the stepper gives way, which is fine, since it is much larger and lower... but the top of this is small and high and it just doesn't feel secure. Make sure you put your foot directly in the center of it or else it will tilt on you! The grip is good, when my sweat falls on it, it doesn't make my shoes slippery, as it would sometimes get on the transfirmer. I think the best design anyone could have would be the transfirmer with this grip surface. I hope someone will make it soon.

This step is sturdy and compact. It's not to heavy to move and store. I like that I do not have to buy extra risers for it. Keep in mind the measurements of the step before purchasing as this cannot double as a weight bench. Great product though!

This high step is sturdy and versatile. I bought it to duplicate exercises that I learned from a personal trainer at the gym I used to belong to. I use it for a variety of core building exercises, but also as a rest and seat when I lift weights. I use it to turn my step into a weight bench as well. It grips the floor and I feel very secure when I'm stepping onto/off of it, as well as when I do dips with it. - Step Platforms - Step Workout - The Step'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Step Workout - the step, step platforms step platforms Step Workout - the step, step platforms