Thursday 4 August 2011

Canon Battery - 7d, canon


Purchased battery for my 7D. Saved close to 60% from original price, and found it to be far more efficient then the Cannon version.

Charged up in my Cannon charger without issue, and upon installation, it showed the time remaining on the LCD screen. It actually presented more minutes than I had originally expected.

I will be more than happy to purchase more of this product as needed , based on the price being extremely low and service and delivery from New World was first rate without incident or problems.

Entire transaction went extremely smooth. Excellent, high quality company. New LP-E6 Replacement 'Intelligent' High Capacity Battery (2000Mah), Japan Cells - Lifetime Replacement Warranty

Knowing the original battery life of the genuine LP-E6 but not wanting to fork over full price for the real deal, I came across this aftermarket battery with good reviews and after much contemplation, I bought two.



I fully charged both new batteries before use with my OEM Canon charger. Inserted into camera, ok nice... works. What's not nice is after only one day of shooting, I almost exhausted BOTH batteries. Normal shooting, no long exposures, occasional live view shooting, no video, and not much chimping. After one day of shooting like this with one OEM LP-E6 battery, I'd still have half capacity left. Its really hard to kill an original Canon battery. Also, my camera got real hot where the battery compartment is, it's never done that before and I had to shut it off intermittently to let it cool down.



This battery is junk in my opinion, from my own experience. The fact that I bought two of these and they both had the same problem, warrants this review. It gets two stars instead of one only because they do charge in the Canon charger. I am returning both.

I wanted a battery that was chargeable by the original Canon charger and that the camera able to read it so I could be warned when the battery was running out. This battery was able to achieve both objectives while keeping the cost lower than Canon (to think I paid $80 for the Canon original last time!!). One time I did purchase a no name replacement battery and it could not be charged by the Canon charger and neither the 5D mark ii could read it and so I decided the no name battery could be used for the 7 inch HD monitor that I purchased for the 5D so I could use it for the video shoot.



I waited till I finished this battery out before I left a review. I was able to shoot videos and shoot quite a few pictures using the 5D mark ii and the 25-105 L series Canon lens with anti shake. I think the anti shake took more battery power than I expected as I got less pictures than I did when I used the 24-70mm L series Canon lens which did not have anti shake.



Overall I am pleased I was able to get a product that costs less than Canon.

Bought these on a recommendation from a review on a website. They work PERFECTLY with my Canon 60D. Battery levels are shown in the camera unlike some other non-Canon brand batteries. They also charge on the Canon charger that came with my camera. I bought two of them so I could rotate through them while shooting video and photos. So far so good. The batteries came pre-charged as well. At a fraction of the cost of the Canon brand batteries I feel like these are a GREAT deal if you're looking for some extra power but don't want to buy a battery grip. The last thing you want to have happen while shooting is to run out of power.

I bought three of these batteries and so far they seem to be working. I haven't used them extensively yet, but will update this review if I come across any issues. They do charge on the OEM charger that came with my Canon 7D. My Canon 7D can also read the amount of juice left in the battery when in the camera which some third party batteries don't. Good price for these batteries and supposedly have a lifetime replacement warranty.



Update:

So I've used these batteries for several months now and wanted to give an update about them. I've used them sparingly in the time I've had them and I'm down to one usable battery out of the three that I've purchased. One of the batteries I had to return immediately due to a bent pin in the battery that kept it from being charged. I decided not to repurchase it and stuck with the two other ones. Another one seems to be giving me issues now. It won't charge with the OEM battery charger that came with my Canon 7D or the dual charger that I purchased. It seems to be just dead. I'm now using just one which does charge fine. The quality control of these batteries seems to be severely lacking since I've had two duds now. I will try and use another third-party brand instead of these. These are the High Voltage Technology brand.

I bought this as a cheap back up battery for my Canon 7D.



1. Bought June 2011

2. Have fully charged battery 4 times in less than 7 weeks.

3. I get considerably less battery use than with my Canon ones ( I own 2 5D Mark II's and a 7D)

4. Cameras now show less than 1/2 charge in battery after a full overnight recharging.

5. I am sending back for a replacement after I finish this review.

6. Will stick to Canon batteries from now on.



Hope this helps--maybe my next one will be better--I will amend this review if I have better luck with the next one (if their lifetime replacement is true)



Good luck

We purchased this battery to use in our new aftermarket battery grip. I chose it because it's an "intelligent" model that should work well along side the stock canon battery (in the grip).



We used it on a trip to San Diego and so far it works just fine. - 60d - Battery - 7d - Canon'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Canon Battery - 7d, canon canon Canon Battery - 7d, canon