Thursday 4 August 2011

Apc - apc battery backup, computer power backup


Does not provide enough time to even turn off your PC. Battery is not user replaceable. Battery does not have enough amp-hours to properly run anything more than a mac mini. Advertised on the box -- "43 minutes" is clearly ficticious -- as the system it replaced had a battery 55% larger, which also said the same 43 minutes for a mac mini. CyberPower web site admits "2 minutes" at full load. This is deceptive -- people buying a 550VA UPS expect that it will last at least a few minutes...



I have installed a LOT of CyberPower UPS's over the last three years... I moved from (Brand) and (Brand) to CyberPower in 2006. Only one failed system in all that time. Outstanding. Now, I tried to by the CP550SL ... but it is replaced with this one... I bought 4 of them only to find that at 2 minutes of power, I've wasted my money. The old model weighed in at over 12 lbs... 5.6lbs of battery. Now, the new unit is 6.3 lbs total. I am currently researching to figure out what new UPS brand to use for SMB servers and workstations.



If they had created a new model number that was different enough from the old one, I wouldn't have just bought them without the detailed review I normally do... CyberPower CP550SLG UPS Standby Green - 550VA/330W 8-Outlet RJ11 Compact Design

We have alot of these in our offices and have not had a problem with any. I like Cyberpower because they are alot cheaper than APC and work just as well.

If you want to save some cash, go with Cyberpower over the more expensive brands. Trust me, nobody cares about brand names when its behind the desk.

Great price, much cheaper then comparable APC, Works well, purchased for fiances IMAC. Only thing that stinks is the software to see the details on the UPS don't work on MACs. Not sure if the GreenPower really is going to make a difference, but obviously this is better then just a standard surge protector. - Apc Battery Backup - Computer Power Backup - Battery Backup - Battery Back Up'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information