Thursday 25 August 2011

Point And Shoot Digital Camera - point and shoot digital camera, battery


If you own a Nikon S8000 camera, DEFINITELY purchase a second battery for your camera. When the low battery indicator lights up on your Nikon S8000, it means you have just a couple photos left. I won't go anywhere (that I am taking numerous photos) without TWO fully charged batteries. And, I won't purchase the "knock-off" brands -- only the EN-EL 12 by NIKON gets used in my camera. Nikon Coolpix S8000 14.2 MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (Red) Nikon EN-EL12 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for Coolpix S1000pj, S1100pj, S6000, S610, S620, S630, S640, S70, S710, S8000, and S8100

I wanted to purchase a spare EN-EL12 battery that had the equivalent mAh to the OEM battery. The OEM Nikon battery has 1050 mAh as does the photo shown in the BatteryFly ad. The battery I received was labeled 800 mAh. The photo is misleading.

If you're like me and have a camera that needs the "custom" battery it's always great to have a spare one around. There are of high, manufacture quality and last a very long time. I've gotten more than 2 days worth of heavy shooting with lots of zoom focusing, etc. It's cheap and small to have on hand so you don't miss that perfect shot. Suggest buying the "external" charger as well, who wants to have to plug in a camera just to charge the spare battery.

This battery lasts a very long time. I went on a week long vacation where I was turning my camera on and off constantly/leaving it on constantly, and it lasted 5 out of 7 days on one charge. for regular at home use it lasts way longer than that. go with name brand when buying this type of product.

I was told it was a new battery but it came with no cap on it to protect the terminal and when I tried to charge it, it would not charge. It did come with instructions and it showed the battery with the cap on, and I do know Amazon got this product through a 2nd party

I bought this for use with my S70 and it works great. It is always a good idea to keep an extra battery around. It lasts most of the day. I also have a compatible battery I bought from eBay (off-brand) with a higher Nah (or whatever capacity). My suspicion is that the OEM Nikon battery actually lasts longer than the off-brand listed with a higher capacity.



Recommend. Nothing negative to say about this.

this battery arrived in a plain plastic wrap. no manufacturer label or packaging. was very disappointed that this "new" battery did not come with any type cover or case as camera batteries usually do. it also did not have any protective tape over the contacts, such as "new" camera batteries usually do. have charged said battery, but not used yet. i do not trust this battery because of how it was shipped & how it arrived without any packaging or manufacturer documentation. - Ry For Nikon Coolpix630 - Battery - Nikon Coolpix - Point And Shoot Digital Camera'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information