Thursday 25 August 2011

Canon Digital Camera Battery - canon, nb-5l


This item is not as critical as a backup because the SD700 has an improved battery life but it is still a great item to carry because you may find yourself running more video on this camera.



However, also consider the: Canon Digital Elph Accessory Kit for Canon SD700 IS Camera which includes a battery pack, a nice leather case and a few other items for not much money than you will spend for the batter alone.



Cheers - awesome camera! Canon NB-5L Lithium-Ion Battery (3.7v, 1120mAh) for Canon SD700IS, SD790IS, SD800IS, SD850IS, SD870IS, SD880IS, SD890IS, SD900, SD950IS, SD990IS, SD970IS & SX200IS Digital Cameras

I decided to buy the Canon battery instead of a generic battery because a store "expert" told me the generic batteries don't last nearly as long. I recently went to Greece for one week armed with 2 batteries. My husband and I took many pictures with our SD900 (257 we kept- we "trashed" countless others) and viewed them at the end of every day. Our first battery lasted 4 days (200+ pictures and at least 4 viewings on the lcd screen) and the second battery never ran out during the week. Buying the battery through Amazon cost half the price of buying at the major electronic store. I would buy this battery again. The second battery is very useful in another country if you don't want to use a voltage converter plus a plug adaptor. Plus if your battery runs out while you are sightseeing you can still get pictures. To be fair, I've never used a generic battery so I can't compare the battery life of generic vs canon. I can only say the battery lasted through 200+ pictues (4 days of pictures).

I got this as a backup for the Canon PowerShot SD800 IS camera.

Canon PowerShot SD800 IS 7.1MP Digital Elph Camera with 3.8x Wide Angle Image-Stabilized Optical Zoom



The battery has worked great so far, you can shoot probably 250 photos per battery, so one battery is often enough, but having a space is good insurance.



In the past I have bought non-name brand batteries for digital cameras and have had checked success. Since these are OK price from Amazon, it's much lower risk.

I bought this to go with my SD700IS because I wanted to keep it all oem and just as the one that came with the camera I have to admit I have never seen a battery last longer I have had the camera for almost 4 months now and between the 2 batteries I have only charged both 1 time and believe me I use my camera allot!

The Canon NB-5L Battery purchased is OEM. The capacity is 1120mAh. Last a long time using my SD800 IS camera. I've taken about 300 shots (about 1/3 with flash) before having to recharge the battery. It's good to have an extra battery anyway and because it's small, having an extra battery in the pocket is not a problem.

Worked extremely well with my SD800IS. Bought it as a spare for a weekend getaway. The camera itself gives little notice of a low battery but, the battery itself holds a charge wonderfully. I only swapped the batteries out twice (so, three full charges) and took over 350 pictures over 4 days. Not to mention the price was great for something that I couldn't find locally.

The packs works well and charges relatively quickly. I always carry a spare battery pack in case of problems or emergencies or I use the camera alot. O have had no problems afer one years of use with the battery pack. i have had a number of different kinds of battery packs and I would suggest that the packs be replaced when you have difficulty in holding a charge or a long period to recharge since it may be approaching the end of its useful lifetime and fail when you are taking picture.

I have had 2 different Canon SD cameras, and the difference between the Canon and Best Buy generic replacement batteries was night and day. The increased confidence that my battery wouldn't crap out at the time I needed it most was worth the slight extra price. Though, here on Amazon, the factory is cheaper than at Best Buy.

I bought this battery as a spare to use with a Canon SD870. As far as I can tell, it is the same as the battery that came with the camera. A battery like this has advantages and disadvantages. It is small and flat, so a camera using this battery can be compact and slim. On the other hand you can't just run into any convenience store and buy a replacement like you could for AA batteries. Since a replacement might be hard to find on short notice, I think a spare is a necessity. Both the original and the one I bought from Amazon work great. They last a long time before they need to be recharged. The only problem I have with the battery is that it was very expensive. I haven't tried any cheaper batteries from other companies to see how their performance compares, but if I were to buy another battery for the SD870 I'd try a cheaper copy. - Canon - Canon Battery - Nb-5l - Camera Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information