Thursday 25 August 2011

Dual Usb Car Charger - car charger, iphone car charger


Let's face it, there are plenty of car charger plugs that don't, work but they're so cheap that they never get returned or get complaints. The contacts don't connect, they simply fall apart, or they run a voltage that's not compatible with the product you've plugged in and it overheats--sometimes with spectacular results. This dual USB plug is a proper plug. It's good quality, and sends the correct 5V charge through the dual USB ports to your Ipod, Iphone or other portable device. It also includes a pleasing LED light (not too bright) that let's you know it's connected. Highly recommended. elago Dual USB Auto Charger for iPhone 4/3G/3GS, Verizon iPhone 4 and Other Device with USB Port

its pretty simple, you plug this in where you cigarette lighter or 12v power jack is in your car and voila you have two USB power plugs. works great for powering our two iPhones. the light on this is pretty bright (pro or con?) and the unit isn't very large (good for me, but maybe someone wants a huge usb plug?). part of it flips out so you have a handle to easily remove it from the power receptacle.

This thing works GREAT!



It looks almost as if it were OEM in my 2004 Grand Cherokee.



To date I've used to charge various pair combinations of: 2 smart phones, 1 bluetooth headset, or a GPS unit. (Note that neither the GPS unit or Bluetooth are useable when charging, see my note below)



The charger fits very snugly in the 12v receptacle in my car as well - I've had other units in the past that had to be constantly pushed back in over time - once this thing is in, its in.



The only negative I have to report for the device is the LED light. The light is useful, but because it is behind clear plastic it looks a bit unfinished. It would look a lot cleaner if the plastic in front of the light was translucent instead of clear.



On a side note: Just wanted to point out: If a mobile device comes with a separate data cable and power cable (most likely) the device will probably not be useable when connected to "universal" 12v USB adapter. The dedicated power cable with the device has "logic" built into it that tells the device it's connected to power only and not a pc. A universal adapter does not include this logic (which I assume is vendor specific) - it's just an adapter. IE: I've had 2 Sony Ericsson phones and a GPS unit - all 3 came with a USB cable and a dedicated power cable. The devices go into PC mode when connected to a USB power adapter with a USB cable, wheras a Tilt 2 or iPhone (which come only with a USB cable and USB power adapter) will charge with no issues.



02-17-2011 Update: I had an iphone and tilt2 connected together for the first time at night a few days ago - Didn't notice until the car was dark, but the charger could not power both at the same time.

All 3 of my kids have Ipod Touches, I have an Amazon Kindle, cellphone and GPS, so it is very common for me to want to charge more than one device at the same time. This unit does the job perfectly. It does light up and glows all of the time but this does not bother me because my power outlet is outside the line of my sight. I do see how if the outlet was differently located that the glow might bother me, and there is no way to turn it off.

This product is a very small size and great for that. The light, however, is incredibly too bright, and can be somewhat distracting at night for driving. My place for it is near the center console gearshift in a Ford Escape, and it shines in the corner of my eye to the point where I will have to cover it up somehow.

This device is small, although not as small as the ones with a single USB that sit nearly flush in the 12V plug in. But having two USB ports is extremely handy. I've had an iPhone 4 and an LG Optimus 7 plugged in at the same time with no problems.

Charges both my iPhone 4 and 80GB iPod Classic (5th Generation). Was concerned that it might not charge one of the two since older iPod adapters don't work with my new iPhone 4. Nothing to worry here! Plugs right into my 2000 Honda Accord and 2003 Toyota Tacoma, so it's very versatile and love how compact it is. A small LED light does stay on when connected and works great at night, but if I don't want to see it, I simply unplug the unit. Thanks Elago, I don't have to buy a new head unit to charge my Apple devices! - Dual Usb Car Charger - Car Charger - Iphone Car Charger - Dual Usb'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information