Saturday 20 August 2011

Playstation 3 - headset, xbox 360


When i started to shop around for a gaming headset, i mostly heard about two main brands: Turtle Beach and Triton. Many people say that you can't go wrong with either. But, while shopping around, I came across Sharkoon. There really isn't much online in regards to this headset, so i figured i would check out their higher-end headset. (The X-Tatic 5.1 with surround sound) This headset received fantastic reviews across the boards. I figured if the company made quality headsets, i would check out the x-tatic sp...even without any reviews online. And i am not disappointed.



What made me reluctant to go with the Turtle Beach PX21 headset is how it looked. It was not very sexy. The Triton AX-180 looked nice, but it was $80. Since the x-tatic sp was $10 cheaper, i figured i would check them out. Not only is the sound excellent and crisp, but the headset is extremely comfortable and is continuously comfortable for long periods of time (which is important for a gaming headset). My brother has the Triton AXPROs and he loved this headset. (for those of you who don't know, the AXPROs have surround sound and are the top of the line Tritons) Why spend more than double the money to get surround sound when you can get a great sounding headset at this price range? And, for those of you who doubt the price of a stereo gaming headset, it is totally worth the price. I have never used one before while gaming...and it makes a total difference. People aren't lying when they say they hear things they didn't hear before. Its true! When you run by trees/brush you hear the rustle as you run by. You hear footsteps. Gun fire and other sounds help you locate where the shots are being fired so you can find the enemy. Even without a 5.1 surround sound headset (which really only refers to the amount of speakers in the ear cup to produce that surround sound feeling) you hear the sounds as if you were in the middle of the action. Shooting games just feel like they were made to be played with a headset like this.



So, if you are in the market for a stereo gaming headset, i can't knock the Turtle Beachs or Tritons, but i can definitely say that these would not disappoint. Great sound quality and comfortability...all you need in a gaming headset! Sharkoon X-Tatic SP Gaming Headset

I really dig using my expensive and well thought out home theater system to play Battlefield on w/ my PS3. But, my wife doesn't dig it quite as much especially when I have a bit more free time and go on a marathon session. I bought this headset after reading the reviews and figured if I didn't like them, I'd just send them back. I have to say that I'd never really heard of Sharkoon but I'm really impressed with these headphones. I doubt that you get any added benefits out of a "5.1 or 7.1" headphone set, so save your money. A true 5.1 or 7.1 system relies on placement of the speakers and it's impossible to place 5.1 or 7.1 speakers correctly inside a pair of headphones.



More to the fact, these things sound really, really good. They have a good amount of low end for my Battlefield action. The highs are crisp too. And the wife can't complain too much when I'm gaming in silence. These thing can go really loud so be careful. They seem to be really well made and should last quite awhile. The snap in microphone works well as well.



Couple notes- if you like to play further away from your console, invest a couple dollars into a USB extension cable. The usb port provides the power and also is for the microphone as well. The included USB cable is pretty long but, I like to sit further back. Also with the PS3 make sure you have your original video/audio output cable. This is what the headphones hook into for the sound. Other than that you're good to go. The headset has 2 volume controls - for the headphones and mic respectively as well as a mute switch for the Mic. If you are going to be using these off and on and still want to use your A/V receiver also make sure you select the "mutiple audio output" selection in the PS3 settings panel. This will allow you to switch between your headset and A/V receiver/ TV without having to constantly make any changes in the settings.

Bought these for my son to use on Xbox 360.



These babies rock, excellent sound quality from highs to bassie lows.



Compared prices on other headsets and thought I would take a gamble on Sharkoons.



Not disappointed what so ever.



Thinking about ordering another set for myself to use on my pc. Whats nice is these will work for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 or easily connect to Pc or laptop.



Excellent value and excellent product.

First off I did extensive searching in a quest for a good gaming headset for the ps3. The sharkoon is an excellent gaming headset with easy installation for the ps3. The cord is long and thick, which is very good however it can tend to get a little heavy if you have to get up to move something. Comfort level is very good on the ears but your ears will definitely get a little warm after a while. Sound quality is very good the mids and highs come through very clean. The bass isnt the best in the world but Im also comparing it to my yamaha surround sound system also. I purchased the set to give my son and wife a break from the "booms" of my call of duty games. You cant go wrong with this heaset for the price and is a good alternative to any turtle beach or tritton headset. - Headset - Playstation 3 - Gaming Headphones - Xbox 360'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information