Saturday 20 August 2011

Outdoor Wireless Speakers - outdoor speaker, wireless speakers


I was searching for wireless speakers for an outdoor event, and I'm certain these will do nicely. While it's true that the transmitter needs to be plugged into the music source (via a standard headphone jack that will fit all devices I would need it to) and into a wall outlet, I expected that. For a test run I plugged into my laptop sitting in the middle of the first floor then slotted 6 AA batteries into the speaker and turned it on. It automatically picked up the signal. I took a walk around the house and got about 100' away and still got good signal. I also like the feature to select L,R,or Mono on the speaker itself. Bass boost helps the sound a lot. Also, I was able to run 4 speakers from 1 transmitter. Don't know yet about interference or battery life for the speaker. I love the aesthetics of it. Audiovox Acoustic Research AW825 Mission Style Wireless Speaker (Bronze)

Easy to set up, resonable effective range, good sound for a small speaker package, and a good looking package. For what it is, and the price we paid, this is a great deal. If you want great sound from a $500 speaker system, then buy a $500 speaker system. This unit fills a specific need. It is portable, wireless, and rugged enough to be used outdoors. It does all that for $70.

I purchased this item for somewhat of an unusual use. I have and extensive collection of digital nature sounds and use the device to attract birds and other various wildlife for photographing. I feed audio signals with a simple MP3 player loaded with various bird songs. I throw a rope over a tree branch and hoist the AW825 up to a particular level then move back and begin selecting bird voices. I was surprised how the birds reacted. It is very easy to attract Downy Woodpeckers, Red bellied Woodpeckers, and even Pileated Woodpeckers. Nuthatchers go crazy trying to figure out who is in their "turf". It's a lot of fun and I have gotten great wildlife shots. I even attracted a flock of Turkey. So far I have no complaints. I have not had it exposed to any bad weather conditions but it is nice to know that a little rain may not hurt this device. The range is acceptable (I have gotten clear signals beyond 150'. I just wish the volume was a bit louder.

I purchased this outdoor speaker for my patio. Worked great right out of the box. Hooked the transmitter up to my pc and it pick up the signal right away. It's been outside a few months now and still works great. It actually gets REALLY loud. Much louder than I expected. Great little unit. I may upgrade to the one with the light built in later. It would be nice to hang it up and have light/speaker combo as the patio light.

Very nice product and east to install.

The wireless speaker is in my backyard. The transmitter is hooked to my computer that is running iTunes inside my house. There is a free iPhone application, "Remote" that can control itunes. So I just use my iPhone from the backyard to adjust volume and select songs. Anyone that I have given access to my WiFi and iTunes can also select songs and adjust volume. Great for parties.

I researched and read all the reviews on similar products and selected this one. We just love it. We have Direct TV and wanted a speaker to connect to our receiver so we could listen to Direct TV satellite radio and baseball games outside. This connected in minutes, auto tuned instantly, and delivered a great sound. The only drawback was that the batteries didn't last as long as suggested. We began to get static so we plugged it in and we were back in business. I'm thinking of purchasing these for other family members.

Bought this as a gift, maybe didn't look at the description close enough but it is only one speaker.



Set up was pretty easy, setting this up as a standard speaker option for your stereo and not just your ipod may require a trip to radio shack but since I had an extra set of RCA to RCA connections handy I was able to run right this straight off the tuner as another speaker.



In the configuration I installed this in it is running mono and most will be powered via DC (until the 6 AA batteries die). I have no idea what running two of these in stereo would entail. Possibly could use the same transmitter but that is unclear...definitely research further if you want to run more than one speaker (mono).



Sound quality is really good and seems to play fairly loud. Not sure how long batteries would last for multi-hour a rip-roaring party.



Bottom line...this is a great product for extending the party outside with a simple mono 1-speaker set up. If you want multiple speakers in multiple locations you'll need to research further.

I'm looking for background music outside on my deck. I'm not looking for house rocking, neighbor bugging, police provoking sound. I also don't want crappy, tinny laptop speakers either. My options are 1)drill a hole through my solid concrete walls and brick exterior, hook up to my AV system in the basement, and run wires to permanently installed speakers or 2) a portable wireless option or 3) a portable iPod dock. Option 1 would obviously be the BEST sound quality wise, but at a major premium. So I'm willing to compromise a bit on the sound for a simple, less costly option. Option 2 works better for me because I can control everything through AirPlay and not have to dock my phone. (see below)



These were the most attractive wireless outdoor speakers. Two separate drivers is always a plus. I wish they would use bigger batteries for a little more power, but for my deck, there is plenty of sound (for background music). I ordered one at first to be sure I liked it, I just ordered my second for stereo sound. One reviewer mentioned that he runs 4 speakers. The transmitter is a simple radio antennae- ie there's no pairing (that I know of), I'm guessing you could connect as many speakers as you want.



The sound is comparable to a midrange iPod dock. Not as good as my Klipsch dock, better than my old JBL dock. The low end suffers a bit, but you knew that. If you want to FEEL the bass you need a powered subwoofer. The bass boost does a decent job of keeping the speakers from sounding tinny. Vocals are clear, helped by having two drivers.



I have the transmitter hooked up to my airport express, so I can play music from my computer, through the airport, and control it with my iPhone on the deck- Perfect! The transmitter is about 30 ft away, one level down and through a concrete wall and works well. There is a hint of interference at times. When it's in the room directly adjacent to the deck (and through a framed wall) it does work better.



Our phones are DECT, and the router is 2.4/5 Ghz, so should not have wireless interference from these.



Plus, with the second speaker I get a second transmitter to hook up somewhere else. There is a switch on the back to change the speaker from L or R or mono (both). You can run these off battery power or plugged in. I may use it as a sound machine in my room (again through Airplay) since I don't have a dock for my phone in there.



They do make a very similar product that you can hardwire into the house, it also has a built in light, but from what I could tell the speaker specs were identical, and I want more than a single 40W candle bulb outside. - Wireless Speakers - Outdoor Wireless Speaker - Outdoor Speaker - Wireless Outdoor Speaker'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information