Saturday 20 August 2011

Photography - mini tripod, photography


While it cannot replace a tripod, the small and easily portable UltraPod II can fold up to fit in your pocket and goes just about anywhere. When you need stablity for that long exposure or want to get yourself in the photo, this little bad boy is just the ticket. You can bring it into places they don't normally allow tripods, and the velcro strap lets you attach it to fences or trees for more point of view options.



For the price, it is truly a great deal. I humbly think every serious photographer, amerature or pro, should have one. Pedco UltraPod II Lightweight Camera Tripod

I bought this because my Gorilla Pod was too flimsy to hold my Canon Powershot TX1 camera.



I really like this tripod. It is very light, holds your camera very securely. It has nice long legs for added stability, but they aren't too long and can fit into a pocket easily.



The double-elbowed ball-top allows for a huge variety of different positions to mount your camera so it's level, no matter what surface you put it on. No adjusting leg lengths or anything.



The velcro strap can be used to strap this on to a variety of things, like branches or sign posts, etc... And with the swivelling ball elbows, you can actually use this with your tripod strapped onto a vertical or horizontal branch or post. Depending on how you use it, you might have to mount it on the side of the sign post, just experiment a little and you'll get it.

When I ordered this tripod, I though it would be flimsy, since it's made of plastic... but it is quite sturdy, actually. Get this one instead of the original Ultrapod, which is not as stable. I've used this with my Canon A75 and Canon A630, and I can put them in portrait mode without any problems. By the way, if you're going to use this on the floor, better get yourself a camera with a vari-angle LCD!



It's quite a pity that this tripod is not available directly here. But you can do a web search to find it.

I bought this tripod for use with a Nikon D90 + kit lens or other lightweight lenses. The tripod itself is well made, and behaves as advertised. The size of this thing is great. However ...



The tripod can hold camera/lens, but due to its flimsy construction, even minimal movements (such as mirror and shutter movements) result in unacceptble vibrations, even when the camera is triggered by remote control. The two situations where this tripod may still be useful for me are (1) taking very long exposures - shutter-induced vibrations may not play a significant role then, and (2) using the tripod velcroed to some other support - this may work, but I'm a bit worried about entrusting camera to the velcro.



All in all - this tripod is not very useful for the type of camera I'm trying to use it for. It may be useful for significantly smaller cameras.

Lightweight and rugged, it is a good deal. Can be strapped to branch with the Velcro strap. Not a tool for professionals, it really cannot compare with a pro tripod, but it is small, light and folds almost flat. I wish it were made of metal, I can carry an extra pound. If you are going camping with a camera, take this tripod with you.

I bough a fancy $50.00 gorilla pod that you can wrap around things and bend and i could never get a photo with a straight horizon utill i switched to the ultrapod the ridged construction makes it easy to set up (Straight) and shot even if it doesn't look as cool as a bendy pod it works ten times better.

I have had an UltraPod II for six or seven years and during that time it has served me well. Originally I got it to use with a small digital camera which is what most compact tripods are designed for. Lately I have been using it with a full-sized DSLR with absolutely no problems. This is a sturdy, well designed, portable tripod that is great for table top and outdoor use. Normally one uses it by extending the three legs to form the tripod, but it also has a long piece of Velcro that can be wrapped around tree branches, etc. Between the camera screw mount and the tripod is a ball head and ratcheting attachment that make it easy to adjust the camera angle (sorry, you can't pan with this setup). It is light, 4.2 oz, and compact, about 7" x 2" folded. I have absolutely no reservations about recommending this piece of equipment; it is perfect for travel or hiking. I got my UltraPod at Campmor which still seems to have a large selection of UltraPods. - Camera Accessories - Mini Tripod - Tripod - Photography'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Photography - mini tripod, photography photography Photography - mini tripod, photography