Saturday 20 August 2011

Ear Warmers - men, ear warmers


One user that said these could barely be heard, but he/she may have not noticed the volume control. I know that sounds unlikely, but it happened to me. For two days I thought the same thing , until I realized that the volume control was turned down.



These sound great. I am surprised by the quality of the speakers. My ears are very sensitive to the cold, and these do a great job at keeping them warm. They are comfortable, too!

The headphones in these are such poor quality you can barely hear your music. Considering the price of these there's really no excuse for that. Maybe they should partner with Sony or Panasonic to install some decent sound.

These headphone were a gift from my grandmother about 5 years ago when I got a job shoveling snow. I still have mine today, and the sound quality of these headphones are great. You could even take out the cord and just use them as earwarmers too. I am buying them for my brother and best friend this year for Christmas.

So I found these at a local store. And I am super excited for my snowboard trip this weekend. I wanted ear warmers because my head gets too hot with a beanie but my ears freeze without...then I noticed these guys with headphones in them - double awesome! I am wearing them as I type. I am very happy with/surprised by the sound quality. Definitely gets loud enough (not sure what the other review was about). Very comfortable & warm, and they sort of twist up so they would easily fit into a jacket.



The only negative I can see is if you have a big head..."one size fits most" means most except for big heads. My boyfriend has an XL-helmet size head and it won't reach his ears haha, the neck size might have something to do with it too.

I used to put my iphone earbuds on underneath my ear muffs - now I have one less thing to carry with me - great idea.



PROS

Comfortable

Warm

Good Bass

Good overall sounds for an earmuff

very long cord - plenty of length



CON

If you use with an iphone and have the 'bumper' on your phone the adapter is not long enough to insert into the phone with the bumper on.

Sound could be a little louder when streaming radio - ipod music is fine volume level

Actually the sound was pretty good or as expected. Problem is that once you stretch and click it in place, as soon as you move your head it unlocks and they start to slip off your head. Might be ok if you have a small head or let your kids use them.

I purchased these 180s primarily because they don't stretch over the top of your hair (leaving a matted look) and they're small and portable. Once they fold up, you can store these in just about any coat pocket. The hardest decision was whether to go with the model that comes with headphones built in vs the model without headphones. What I would recommend now is to get the 180s that do not have the headphones built-in because 1) the headphones are not entirely flat and thus will prevent the earmuffs from securely wrapping around your ears and 2) the headphone quality is on par with those $1 headphones you can get from the dollar store.



For me, the biggest problem was not being able to have these earmuffs stay on my ears. As soon as I turn my head, these earmuffs will slowly start to slide off, requiring you to constantly readjust them. At first I thought I just had to "break them in" but I've owned these for about a month now and they still slip (mostly due to having the extra headphone bulk within the ear padding).



I now have the same style 180s without the annoying headphones and they wrap very securely without sliding off every 2 minutes.

I gave 1 star because they do sound great but when I put them on, as soon as I move my head, the left one folds up! Whats the point of EAR warmers if they don't stay on? I've tried different adjustments but when I have them on, it just clicks in and gets tighter and that's when the left muff starts to fold in and come off. I wore them on a very cold(-15F) windy day and the wind blasted right thru them. You would think the person who designed these would have made some kind of locking mechanism to keep them from clicking back???

I highly recommend you do NOT buy these earmuffs.



PROs:

+Warm. Very warm.

+Adjustable to fit many head sizes

+Compact - store fairly easily



CONs:

-Very uncomfortable. The headphones inside make the ear sections hard and uncomfortable to wear for even a few minutes.

-Intermittent. The sound in the left ear keeps going out. This is even worse than if it didn't work at all - It is very distracting to hear sound going in and out of one ear.

-Do not hold their shape. The plastic surrounding the headphone part easily bends and warms and will not return to its original shape. Again: very uncomfortable.

-Difficult to set up. It comes with a male-female headphone cord that plugs into the earmuffs and your music device. But plugging the cord into the earmuffs is difficult at best.

-Difficult to stretch. These fit many head sizes, but they really like to return to their default whose-head-can-possibly-be-this-small shape, even while you are still wearing them.



Don't buy these. They sound like a great idea, but they are not. Stick with the regular 180s, and if you really need music, buy a pair of earbuds to put under them. - Men - Ear Muffs - Headphones - Ear Warmers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information