Tuesday 12 July 2011

gang recessed plate - gang recessed plate, wall plate


Does what it is supposed to do. Ideal behind a wall-mounted flatscreen. Be sure to connect a ground pigtail, or you won't have a grounded outlet like with a regular duplex receptacle, since there is no ground strap. Leviton 689-W 15 Amp 1-Gang Recessed Duplex Receptacle, Residential Grade, with Screws Mounted to Housing, White

I installed this recessed outlet behind my wall mounted plasma TV. It provided more depth to allow the heavy duty TV power cable to not interfere with the TV being flush mounted to the wall. The black color matched the open J-box accesoried hole in the omnimount bracket that I used and unlike an almond or white outlet, it's nearly invisible.

It is an electrical outlet - the only real thing to mention is how deeply it is recessed. I bought this because I was mounting my LED-LCD, and bought a mount that mounts the TV .3" from the wall. God forbid the TV have a plug that would allow for this, and in the end this mount still wasn't recessed enough for the plug to not stick out. I ended up just cutting mounting points off of a regular outlet, shoving it in further than this would allow, and that gave me the space required for the plug. Since there is no access at all to this plug with the TV mounted, I didn't have any concerns with safety.



Overall a nice product, but may not be deep enough for some applications.

Used this for ceiling mounted power to TV. Looks nice (hides part of the plug). Easy to install. Seems of sufficient quality for the application. I wasn't able to locate this at hardware stores near me (Silicon Valley, California); I'm glad Amazon offered this.



Russ - Wall Plate - Gang Recessed Plate'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information